Going live in Jan.

Could really use some feedback on site.

I've had a few days to finally work on some graphics for the layout while I wait on my content to get back to me.

http://www.commishawards.com/st1

Let me know what you think.

Thanks!

TheCommish

p.s. The Janner site has to be the one of the nicest sites I've seen in a long time! Nice work if you read this!

If you ever consider selling the layout please PM me - that is exactly what I envisioned for my version 2 to look like.

It looks ok, just a few things tho.

1) the transparency of your logo. You should probably set it for no transparency because you can see the background through parts of it, and it doesnt look like that was a desired effect.

2) The store_logo_bg.jpg... It just looks a little... i dont know really - just doesnt look right to me.

3) last item of business... just the bottom of your info boxes is sort-of askew. there's extra little bits, where i dont think there should be extra little bits.

Only a small thing but as you've used a dark background against white menu boxes you might want to try and level the left and right sub menus so they span more or less the same height or both are a lesser height than your main info box. You could avoid this by taking out the advert box and placing it below your header in a banner space or changing background colour to something lighter. :D

Hey thanks for site comments , just saw that.

I built the site for someone else and as much as i would like to make some more money its exclusive to him. However maybe i could supply you with my psd file for the homepage layout which might help. I will be writing a tutorial in a few weeks of exactly how i built the site from a non php'ers point of view.

Thanks for the advice! A few changes:

1. Good catch on the transparency on my logo - I didn't even notice that (it's changed so many times).

2. Trying a lighter background

3. Changed some cell padding. I'm still undecided where the banners / advertising is going to be. I guess this really depends on how much I decide to charge and where they want it to be on the screen.

Any more feedback is appreciated!

Thanks,

-TheCommish

1. Center the scrolling marque above the main table

2. Main table content should be indented as they are paragraphs

3. The "Terms & Conditions page is not working

4. The header graphic has too much depth. Reduce the depth and you will get a better effect.

5. The category header graphic is still the default CubeCart blue.

6. The font being used does not support the trademark "TM" and only shows a block when it hits the Featured Item mod. Don't know if this is anything that can be corrected as it does show in the product description area.

I love what you did with the pictures in the product view. The ability to change the pic by rolling over it was a grat touch!! That and the fact that customers can upload their own graphic for the apparel were twogreat features. After browsing through some products I see that on items where there are a lot of colors, there is a long way to scroll down to see all of the colors. Would it be prudent to have 2 columns so customers don't have to scroll down to rollover a color and then scroll back up to see a larger pic?

All in all a great design and layout. Very well thought out!

Good Luck