Admin => Inventory => Import Products => Images

JulesInFrance

Hi,

I've done just about everything I can think of to determine how this function works but to date it still alludes me.

I've FTP'd my images to the images/source folder and used Admin => File Manager => Images => Update File List to rebuild whatever needs rebuilding, then for good measure tried Admin => Advanced => Maintenance => Clear image cache.

However, whenever I import a csv file, with an appropriate image file name in the appropriate place, CC5 ignores it and selects a seemingly random image instead (though I'd bet the selection is defaulting rather than randomising).

As this function doubtless got past rigorous testing and is known-good can anyone give me a clue as to what I'm doing wrong, please?

Thanks, Jules

Hi Jules,

We've just been through this process.

We found that you must have .jpg at the end of the product / image name in the csv file. (imagename.jpg)

We also found it didn't always like blank image names, so we ended up creating a default image called image coming soon to put where you didn't have an image.

I hope that helps with some troubles :-)

Kind regards

James

Have you tried doing it the long way using image manager to import the images instead of using FTP? I know FTP is much faster but I ran into the same problem early on and admitted defeat and just use the image manager to create the subfiles and upload images to those subfiles. I know it is the long way around but it is the only way I can get V5.0.6 to see the picture files.