Customers not getting email notifications

Guest kevlew

Guest kevlew

Hi

This is a CC3 issue - I don't want to upgrade to 4 or 5 if I can help it as these three stores have been running absolutely fine on 3 and they have mods which I don't think will work in later versions.

The prob is, all of a sudden, on all three stores (all on 1and1 hosting) customers have stopped getting order notifications.

I know on later versions, emails are only sent to the customer when the order is changed to processing, but with this version (3.0.17) emails have always gone as soon as the order is placed - and if you change the order status, a seperate email is sent (if you tick the box) to inform the client of the change only, and this doesn't send the email order confirmation.

So, for some reason, customers are no longer getting a confirmation email. Absolutely nothing has changed, and everything else works fine. It's the email() option that is being used - and this isn't a problem with the host, as we're using the same email option on wordpress sites on the same host.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

All of my AOL customers notifications is bounced back in CC4.

There is a process to keep that from happening. The link should be in the bounce email from AOL. Personally I couldn't figure out how to provide what AOL wanted from me, but perhaps you understand such things better than I did.

Yea from all the stuff I have found on the net is there is usually a error code in the bounced email but not mine.

I filed a ticked with my host, its possible they are on AOL's blacklist, but they may not admit it.

And if thats the case I may be finding a new host. Getting a whilelist with AOL is virtually impossible.

Yea from all the stuff I have found on the net is there is usually a error code in the bounced email but not mine.

I filed a ticked with my host, its possible they are on AOL's blacklist, but they may not admit it.

And if thats the case I may be finding a new host. Getting a whilelist with AOL is virtually impossible.

At least you're getting somewhere with the source of the problem. Check out the MX Lookup Tool to see if you're on a blacklist.

Well I dont know if its been fixed for AOL yet or not, but I had a AIM email bounce back the other day.

I had this problem back when I was on Hostgator and they said it is because I have my stores email setup with my personal Gmail account rather than using the email thru my host.

So it is it because the emails dont match from the originator?