anyone else suffering from this hassle?

JulesInFrance

i use a mac and adly that means i live with poor java implementation … however;

every time i add new product, which with the new time-waster, java, multi-pane bullish!t backend means it can take anywhere between 3-7 minutes a product (at £15 an hour and 3,000 to enter it makes CC5 an expensive application), ...

on 30+% of save+reloads cc5 either returns a blank product page or defaults to the sign in screen. in either case theres no way to scroll back through the browser to recover the pre save content of the entry, so the whole thing has to be done again.

is anyone else getting this and is there any way out of it rather than log-out/log-in between each product entry (another 2 minutes lost per entry)?

man this is sh!t.

Jules

With thanks to forum member bsmither for pointing me to the bug tracker entry with this fix;

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Quote from PHP.net which is interesting....

------

As PHP's Session Control does not handle session lifetimes correctly when using session_set_cookie_params(), we need to do something in order to change the session expiry time every time the user visits our site. So, here's the problem.

<?php

$lifetime=600;

session_set_cookie_params($lifetime);

session_start();

?>

This code doesn't change the lifetime of the session when the user gets back at our site or refreshes the page. The session WILL expire after $lifetime seconds, no matter how many times the user requests the page. So we just overwrite the session cookie as follows:

<?php

$lifetime=600;

session_start();

setcookie(session_name(),session_id(),time()+$lifetime);

?>

And now we have the same session cookie with the lifetime set to the proper value.

------

So... the fix is to add the following line of code after session_start() in the classes/session.class.php file on line 553:

setcookie(session_name(),session_id(),time()+$this->_session_timeout);

Hi, thanks for that.

I tried the fix from the Bug Tracker but it failed; I'm increasingly coming to the view that the issue lies with the image uploader (our protocol has always been to run an update to grab the images before proceeding to the SEO tab).

… and CC5 is still throwing us out on 30% of updates even after the cookie bug fix.

I do mine in an odd order:

title, description, SEO, price, image, categories

I leave Categories til last so it won't show up on the Latest Products without a price or photo.

But I do upload the image from the Image tab, not from Filemanager. Maybe your images are too big?? Mine run in the 40KB range.

One observation; we've been ignoring this when it periodically appears but it occurs to me that if might be relevant to debugging;

Warning: file_get_contents(/nfs/c09/h04/mnt/139134/domains/snip/html/cache/103db.sql.ac2f016cd89a9813b30eaa4aab40d44a.cache) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /nfs/c09/h04/mnt/139134/domains/snip/html/classes/cache/file.class.php on line 147

Warning: unlink(/nfs/c09/h04/mnt/139134/domains/snip/html/cache/103db.sql.ac2f016cd89a9813b30eaa4aab40d44a.cache) [function.unlink]: No such file or directory in/nfs/c09/h04/mnt/139134/domains/snip/html/classes/cache/file.class.php on line 151

It doesn't appear all the time, but often enough to suggest the software's nor stable on this installation?

Looking at it again I suspect what's happening is that CC5 is exceeding the meagre mySQL query allocation (mt)mediaTemple allows me on the GridServer this software is beta testing on. Talking to colleagues we see this immediately before Cloudflare tells us the server's down.