Order of shipping options

garywhitling

Hi,

I need to place the options for shipping in an order I prefer.

Currently I have by weight and FREE shipping (buyer collects) but it defaults to FREE shipping as the first option so people are not selecting ship by weight when they want me to post it!

Is there a way of having the ship by weight as the default selection and then they have to select and change to FREE Shipping if they want to pick it up?

Any ideas?

Gary

There's a quick way of doing it, not the best, but try opening up classes/cubecart.class.php

FIND:

if (!isset($cheapest['value']) || $value['value'] < $cheapest['value']) {

$cheapest = $value;

}

REPLACe with:

if (!isset($cheapest['value']) || $value['value'] > $cheapest['value']) {

$cheapest = $value;

}

That'll just switch it so it defaults to the most expensive option instead, which if you only have 2, will sort it out fine for you

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

This no longer works with 5.2.7. can anyone help me with an option as  after upgrading today (and chaning the code to the above) customers have already begun to go through with there order as pick up when they are clearly not able to pick up.

At this point I only have two options and I would like it to display the most expensive first.  Unfortuantely just changing the less than to a more than sign hasnt done the trick.  I have just disable the pick up option to stop this from occuring while I sleep but its not the best solution as my local customers are going to think I have stopped the pick up option.

Thanks so much

Holly