5.0.8 Lite - really just a demo?

aris1234

The idea behind the lite version is for new store owners that want to get started without an initial financial outlay or time limit. By the time they have 250 orders they should be in a position to want to upgrade to have no limits and more functionality.

It has not been designed as a new free version for customers who have stayed on version three for the six years. Which is fine of course. :)

If you want to look at it as a demo version I suppose you can but this depends on your perspective & history with CubeCart.

I can see where you are going here. I Would not have used CC if there was not a free version 3 which easily installed from Fantastico. I subsequently bought te copyright removal key. But this lie version is not in the same league. You would have done better having a true lite version. Limit the features, and the number of products (5 perhaps) but not the number of orders or users. By all means paste 'cube cart lite' all over the screen - and possibly some Adwords!

Let people use your product - don't restrict it. Perhaps then we will get a community around CC again. As it is, it looks like it is dying a slow death.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest docinfo

It's just what i need while I get my feet wet building my shop, but how do I get started? I downloaded it, but am not familiar with the package, and there is no instruction on how to start setting up shop.