OMGF, did I read that right (508 upgrade)

I have a shop running v4 with a license and copyright removal key.

I'm slowly migrating to v5 but with different templates, a 4.x=>5.x upgrade script i refuse to use (the resulting database is so fundamentally different to a stock v5 database i don't want to face issues in the future when cubecart "forget" they've got database layout fragmentation in v5) and an export/import function that stinks (but is maybe better in v508+pro => there's no import in v508+lite) it's taking me a long time to build a 3,500 item shop with seo and everything.

btw this v5 shop is using a trial key, copyright removal key and the site is off.

if i go to 508 (which includes features i want like upc fields an import script that might possibly import images too, etc) i understand my trial key will go and i'll be dumped out of what is now called pro, into what's now called lite, and i'll never be able to complete my build before turning off my running shop.

I hope i read that right because every day devellion scare me more and more.

anyone else got the faintest idea what's going on?

Thanks

J

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

UPDATE:

As a footnote to this Al came back on a support ticket and said existing users deploying trial keys to migrate sites can either continue to request them through the customer panel or by contacting the support team directly.

Just use a trial key. If/when it expires order another or ask us to extend it. No big deal.

Kind Regards,

----------------------------------

Al Brookbanks

CubeCart Staff

----------------------------------