Admin login doesnt work after fresh install

Guest smo

I've just installed V5.0.8 as a fresh install with a view to test then migrate my CC3 store.

Post install I can see the front end, and the back end admin login page however upon entering the username/password it just refreshes the page and goes nowhere - it doesnt login, no errors are given - nothing. Ive tried re-installing and using different credentials but it still doesnt work.

Can anyone help, without an admin setup I can do nothing!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm following this thread because I have the same problem with CC (5.0.8).

I've recently seen it happen on a client's WordPress account I manage, and have heard it happens with MailChimp as well -- forum posts for those are none the wiser as to what causes it.

Until I know what the solution is, all I can suggest is after logging in (when it goes blank), start typing the url again in the address bar, and go to an admin page that it suggests (that you've been to before), that's not the login page. This seems to work.

But it's not ideal for clients who aren't computer literate.

I'm following this thread because I have the same problem with CC (5.0.8).

I've recently seen it happen on a client's WordPress account I manage, and have heard it happens with MailChimp as well -- forum posts for those are none the wiser as to what causes it.

Until I know what the solution is, all I can suggest is after logging in (when it goes blank), start typing the url again in the address bar, and go to an admin page that it suggests (that you've been to before), that's not the login page. This seems to work.

But it's not ideal for clients who aren't computer literate.

So what you're saying is that they are actually logged in, but the dashboard page isn't showing? If they bookmark another admin page - they can go to that page after they get the blank - and then they can proceed? If so, could they turn on Debugging and log out/login again and see if anything shows?

Grabbing at straws here... Could it have something to do with the java script creating the chart on the dashboard? Would commenting out that code get around this problem?

Yeah that's what I think -- you're logged in but it's showing you a blank page -- so bookmarking another page might be a client-friendly solution.

I've just gone and tried logging in, and of course now it's working perfectly (the problem is intermittent). Next time it happens I'll give it a try and see if that works.

I don't know enough about the JS to know if that would do it, but it's worth a play when it happens again.

You'd have to edit the dashboard.index.php file ahead of time to see if that would stop it - being intermittent is going to make that harder to track down for sure. It looks like most of the index file is stuff that could be commented out without causing a problem for the user. Maybe you can use that as a way of drilling down to the problem????

Hiya, just a follow up, alas no solution yet...

I've commented out the following code on dashboard.index.php, and had them try it, but no joy:

LINE 6

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="99%" height="300" id="graph-2" align="middle" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0">

<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />

<param name="quality" value="high" />

<param name="wmode" value="opaque" />

<param name="movie" value="includes/lib/OFC/open-flash-chart.swf" />

<embed src="includes/lib/OFC/open-flash-chart.swf" quality="high" wmode="transparent" bgcolor="#FFF" width="99%" height="300" name="open-flash-chart" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

</object>

and

LINE 220:

<script type="text/javascript">

var chart_data = '{$CHART_DATA}';

function open_flash_chart_data() {

return chart_data;

}

</script>

What I'm doing now is collecting information from them that might shed light into the problem, because she's able to connect on one computer (a laptop that's about to die), but not on another (her new one she's just bought). Also, she has an older version of CC (v4) for a different shop, which this doesn't happen to.

I'll obtain all the OS & browser version numbers from her & post them here, if it helps shed any light.