Upgraded To V 4.4.7 Fail Image Upload

Hi, can anyone please let me know if there's any fix for this, or how I can fix it? When I try to add a new product, everything goes well, but I get this error and the image won't show.

Error is as follow:

Warning: getimagesize(/home/themixta/public_html/images/uploads/thumbs/thumb_koncretemixtape.jpg) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/themixta/public_html/admin/sources/products/index.inc.php on line 527

I have tried setting the permissions to 777 and said file, and also folder, to try and see if it was a permission problem, but nothing. I would really appreciate if someone can give me a hint on this issue?

Thank you!

TheMixtapeChannel Team

Hi,

Yes there seems to be a problem with the latest version 4.4.7 after upgrade. The software is for some reason cmod the thumb to 1363 (at least on my server) making it unreadable.

I found I was unable to change permission on this file using a normal ftp client. The only way I found to change permission correctly is through cpanel - legacy file manager, and change the permission on the thumb to 644. Then the error will go and the thumb will display.

If you don't have access to cpanel ask your host to fix it.

Hi, thanks very much for your input and help. Well I have access to change it with no problem. The problem I've notice is with the thumbnail images only, it's like for some reason it won't make the thumbnail image when you try to add a product, because the regular image shows when you go to the site and view the product. I just noticed that even when you check the thumbnail image folder via ftp, you can see the images uploaded, but when you even try to download it, my ftp client gives me an error and won't let me download it. So for some reason, the thumbnail are not being uploaded correctly I assume.

I've tried everything that I can possibly think of with no luck, guess I'll have no option but to downgrade again to 4.4.3 which is that last backup that I have. I was really trying to get this fix since I run a very busy live store, but I can't even upload new products correctly with this problem, and my store requires new products uploaded daily.

It's sad, because now every order that has come in since the upgrade is going to get lost :)

As I mentioned above, I really thank you for your input, but this does not work for me, and guess I'll have to down grade back to 4.4.3, and it's a shame because I know it's something very simple, but I can't get it.

Thank you again!

Eddie

Hi, I did some testing and the real problem and bug to this is, that when you upload an image to a product, the thumbnail images are being created as they should for said product, but the images are being uploaded with the wrong settings as Ausy has mentioned before. The thumbnail images are being created and are being set to CMOD 363 for some reason. Do CC ever test this upgrades?

Well I downgraded to 4.4.3 in order to keep my store up and running. Would love to upgrade to 4.4.7, but guess going to have to wait for this bug to be fixed first.

Please, if anyone ever hear of this bug being fix, please post.

Thank you!

Eddie

Guest Ross Bearman

We need to make this update live as soon as possible due to database issues and whilst it's not very elegant we do have a workaround for it. We've set up a cron job to fix the permissions on all the thumbnails every five minutes.

*/5 * * * * chmod 0644 /home/<user>/public_html/images/uploads/thumbs/*

If you're on shared hosting you can often set up a cron job through your control panel, if that's the case the command should look something like:

chmod 0644 /home/<user>/public_html/images/uploads/thumbs/*

With your username replacing <user>.

It's certainly not a long term solution, but if you need to update, this should tide you over until a fix is released.

Guest Ross Bearman

Hi,

I'm also still encountering the issue, I opened a new issue on the bug tracker as the previous one was marked as resolved.

http://bugs.cubecart.com/view.php?id=159

Hi, yes I noticed the new open bug submission thanks. This bug is amazing, even when I try to change the thumbnail permission via ftp, even ftp gives me a denied error. I have to go via cpanel on server in order to set the new product thumbnail image to 0755. This is the third time that I have had to upgrade the script to 4.4.7, and have had to downgrade back to 4.4.3 to avoid this issue. Well I'm still here trying to play with it and see if it will work, if I get it to work somehow, will come back and post it.

Guest oznerol

Hi,

giving this bug it's is more than 20 days old while CC4 it's about to be discontinued

and just to know what to tell to customers

which basically cannot upload more images to their carts

meaning No New producs to their carts.

What is the CubeCart position here ?

Any foreseeable date to fix this?

Anticipating the CC4.x.x. 'deadline ?

me, and four angry customers,which incidentally thinking I'm an incompetent, are awaiting an answer.

thanks

Hi all. I am really sorry I think the wrong file was uploaded to the bug report. I've also got myself into a muddle as I thought the fix was to add a line of code when in fact it seems to be that it needs to be removed. The easiest solution is as a follows:

1. Download 4.4.6 at http://www.cubecart.com/download/4.4.6/zip

2. Delete the admin/includes/rte folder

3. Upload the admin/includes/rte folder from 4.4.6

• 3 weeks later...

unfortunatly it does not work for me what to do ?

any help , thanks

The fix works but if you still have some images showing the error message you have to manually change permissions on those thumbnails. Have you done that or is it still happening with products added after the fix was applied?

• 5 months later...

Howdy, I've got tried out this specific brand-new bug fix; nevertheless I'm still obtaining thumbnails arranged to 363 whenever uploaded to solution.

• 3 months later...
Guest VicUp

Hi all. I am really sorry I think the wrong file was uploaded to the bug report. I've also got myself into a muddle as I thought the fix was to add a line of code when in fact it seems to be that it needs to be removed. The easiest solution is as a follows:

1. Download 4.4.6 at http://www.cubecart.com/download/4.4.6/zip

2. Delete the admin/includes/rte folder

3. Upload the admin/includes/rte folder from 4.4.6

Hi everybody

How can i download version 4.4.6 and fix similar problem? link doesnt work. I see this cms first time, it looks old version, how can i check my version of CC at all?

Thanks in advance

I'm sorry, but since v4 is no longer supported by CC this forum is now the wrong place to ask for help with this. Hopefully someone on the 3rd party forum will be able to help you out. It might help to link to this thread there, but I am locking it here.