Loading Images - No Image Avaiable

Ms Holly

I have just upgraded to cubecart 5 and am having trouble loading new images. It appears to load the image and the image file name is there but it says no image avaiable when I try to look at the image or put the image into a product.

Does any one know why this might be happening?

I can't help, but those who would be able to need more information. What did you upgrade from? Are you on 5.0.8? Do you have a full backup? Are your images in folders? Do I understand correctly that your old images work properly? Have you changed hosts? Anything else you can think of???

Thanks

I Upgraded from cube cart 3 version ?? to 5.08 and still with the same host and haven't run out of space.

I have a back up of my old cart.

My old images work however I can not upload new images.

Some images are in folders others are not.

I am using the same computer and I can not think of anything that I have done differently at all.

Any thoughts at all would be appreciated.

Guest 99dollarhosting

I am using the latest version that came with my hosting package I purchased, (I didn't upgrade or anything, and am familiar with older versions of CC) and I'm having the same problem...how do I fix this? I really like this newer version, but...I MUST HAVE IMAGES. Thanks, Greg :(

Re issue: image upload problem in our store – images won`t save as main image - product saves but no image available.

I have found what seems to be the problem and a work around. It seems to be an image naming issue.

I have found that by renaming the image by placing a zero in front works!

It appears that this bug is also present in 5.0.8

Examples

Image name PDAB-167648 will not save

Image renamed to 0PDAB-167648 will save ok.

Image name TWB-MR250 will not save

Image renamed to 0TWB-MR250 will save

hopefully this will be helpful to others with this issue.

i have reported this bug to CC support

no doubt this is a weird problem.

other files with different prefixes ( ie beginning with C) will still work fine. nothing to do with hyphens as far as i can see.

the image files that won`t show in store front still appear in file manager ok.

the problem is that the image won`t stay marked with a star ( as the main image or secondary image) . it just doesn`t save.

mind you i have always had trouble "saving" certain things in this V5 cart. for instance, when adding a product, the category doesn`t save first time, i have to go back and re-save to get it to stick. Also, i get an error message when saving any more than one note on a customer order although the note still saves.

there is also an error for customers when they try to save their billing information. they have to re-enter certain info to get it to save.

Maybe there is some sort of error occurring with the database or even the server permissions settings. I wish i knew. They might all be related.

thanks for the helpful comments.

Hi guys I have this sorted now and it might help you I was told that my host PHP had the memory limited and that hte system was running out trying to process and display my images. Cubecart perferes 128m but can get by with 96m. I asked my host to raise it and they did and now I have no problems. So it might be worth looking into.