Help in setting up CC5 - pages not coming through

Guest toolshed

Guest toolshed

I have decided to give the CC5 lite a run for its money. I was using CC3 up now. I have done a complete fresh install of both CC5 and database required. That all worked out fine and dandy. Been working on the setup side and come accross issues where I have adjusted the privacy page of what its content was and removed the about us page for the moment. After doing these couple of adjustments I decided to preview the live site and to my amazement I get an error page that comes up only. I tried all the other links an get the same thing. I have thought it might of been the Ioncube folder causing me grief. I renamed it temporarily to test if thaat was the problem. It did not seem to matter. If need to view the site to see what is happening the web address is www.nabbsws.com. I am still in setup mode so all is not complete but I need to resolve this page not showing first so I can continue.

Thanks

Guest toolshed

Update, I have removed CC5 and going to try and revert back to CC3 till I can figure out what is going on with this issue.

Thanks

You've not given any details of the actual error that appeared. All I can gather from your text is there was a problem. Not very helpful in trying to find a cause. My only suggestion is that you did not install the new htaccess file, as if this is missing your pages would show a 404 is SEO paths are enabled.

Guest toolshed

I finally stumbled on the problem. I went back in and set the rewrite rule for apache back to no and all was fine. I guess my hosting company is not setup for that kind of thing.