Paypal Web Payments Pro

CBGitty

I am running a slightly modified version of CubeCart 5.0.7, and just today I finally got PayPal Web Payments Pro working.

However, it seems like there isn't much validation of credit card information that gets entered if they choose to pay via Credit Card. While some basic validation of the credit card number checksums does seem to occur, beyond that card numbers don't get matched against card types, expiration dates don't seem to get validated, etc.

And the weirdest thing is that so long as I enter a valid CC number (for instance, from a mastercard), choose a valid credit card type (for instance, Visa), enter a properly formatted date (but not the right one) for the expiration date, mash in a random 3-digit number for the CVV, and put in wrong contact info... and somehow it goes through. The order in CubeCart will be changed to "Processing" with this in the transaction log:

"No match for AVS data. Transaction has been declined. CVV2 did not match"

Yet soon after I get a message from PayPal saying that the payment has been received and is OK to ship, the payment shows up in my PayPal account, and everything is apparently OK... except that I know it is all wrong.

I am very hesitant to make this thing live when it seems so bizarre. Does anyone have any thoughts or advice?

As best I can tell, it had somehow cached my original info and was using that. When I tested it with a different card via a different browser, and without logging into my store, it seemed to work. As best I can tell from my testing, the only things that seem to matter are the CC number, expiration date and CVV. Selecting the right card type doesn't seem to matter, nor does entering a valid billing address.

I have set this payment method live on my $40K/month shop and disabled PayPal standard and card capture, so I have all my chips on the table. Overnight results seem promising.