Upgrade from 5.07 to 5.09 all orders set to pending

In the Admin Panel under Orders page, all of our orders now say Pending when in fact most of them should be completed. However if you click on an order the order summary displays the correct status of Processing or Completed.

As always I cleared the Cache directory after the upgrade. Any ideas?

This update has also caused some tax issues for me. Are we beta testers every time there is a new release? I would like to know if these upgrades are stable and fully certified before I proceed with upgrading my store.

It's very troubling to me when I see how much trouble people are having with an upgrade. I usually wait a while before upgrading to the newest version - waiting to see if there are a flurry of bug tickets. I am extremely pleased with 5.0.8, although I certainly will eventually upgrade to 09 for some of its new features. If you can, I'd suggest you go back to 08 until they have reported fixes for these troubling bugs.

Butter, wait for 5.10 which will probably fix 5.09. I was expecting 5.09 to fix problems with 5.08 but it seems, for me anyways, that it caused much more hassles than staying with 5.08.

I have mentioned this in the past but I cannot imagine a why we are being used as Beta testers. Support recommended I upgrade to fix my issues. If I upgrade my shopping cart I would hope it would be certified and tested.

I'm just a user of CC like the rest of you, but I also use Microsoft Windows. I don't consider myself to be a Beta Tester of Windows, but I get updates that fix bugs in Windows all the time. Once a complicated piece of software is in use by people with all kinds of variations in equipment, mods, etc. - bugs will be found that did not show up on a limited number of Beta Testers' setups. Yes, it's frustrating that 5.0.9 apparently is so buggy. But I have on occasion used System Restore on my PC to undo a Windows update that caused me problems - and I always backup everything to the wazoo before upgrading CC - so I can revert if I need to.