Resolved - Refund auto cancels order

sparky5693

Occasionally the shipping charges for an order end up out of whack. When this happens, I just refund the difference, but in CC5 this refund sends the customer an email saying their entire order has been cancelled, and changes the order status to cancelled. Is there a way I can stop this entire process?

I don't want my refunds to automatically be processed as a cancelled order.

Every time it's happened I thought it was something I had done wrong - but this last time I was sure I hadn't done it, so I reported it very recently. I'm not sure how long it's been that way, because I kept blaming myself. Please go to the Bug Tracker and put a note on my bug ticket, so they'll know it's not just me.

Happens to me to and has ever since I upgraded from v4 to v5. I just email my customers letting them know I'm about to issue a refund through Paypal and that my software is buggy and will send them a cancelation notice and to ignore it. Works every time except when I forget to email a customer first which is rare after having my butt chewed a few times.

• 1 month later...

Isn't the bug to do with the shipping being incorrect? refunding the order usually means the order is cancelled, and is a useful feature. This is a feature of v4 as well.

No - Any PARTIAL refund of the customer's PayPal payment, no matter what the reason, causes the total order to be cancelled - even if it were already marked as Completed.

You link to the report works fine, but that appears to be the only way I can find it. When I view reports, I don't see it listed any longer, I actually only see 14 reports. Weren't there like a couple pages a few days ago? Is it because we reported it in an old version?

I have this problem, too -- CC V5 cancelles the order (s)!

1. Pay pal is attaching an additional $5.00 on each order for shipping (Unnecessary). So I refund the $5.00
  2. The customer receives a cancelled email! (this makes the customer angry and frustrated)

What should I do?

Thanks!

PS: Can I hire someone who has had experience in fixing this? Who?

taylorevance @ gmail.com

Go through your payment process to see where the $5 is being added. It's probably being added by your PayPal account, so check your PayPal settings.

If you want to hire someone, you need to visit the third-party forum and ask there. That's the correct place.

• 2 months later...

I am also having this issue - after completing an order - a customer's credit card company challenged the purchase a month later, PayPal put a hold on the PayPal account for the purchase - but when PayPal did this it automatically changed the order to canceled and wiped out the tracking info. This should not happen.

Cubecart Version 5.1.4, PHP 5.2.17, Linux 2.6.32.2.59sg, Apache 1.3.42, MySql 5.5.24