Additional Documents and how to link/present them?

Guest judge

Guest judge

Hi,

With my new shop in CC5 how do I find out how to link new documents I've created?

I have created an events page which I'd like to show in a sidebar and additional documents with various 'how-to's' would be beneficial.

Thanks

You can use the Documents to create pages. Or there's a mod I think in the 3rd party forum that lets you create "hidden" documents that you can then link to where you want to.

Edited to add that documents can be hidden from the document list from the Admin page for each document in 5.1.4

• 4 months later...

Actually, CC5 already has a hide/show docs feature, you just click the green checkmark or red x to toggle this. As for linking to a "hidden" doc, you'll simply have to write some html in your template where you want the link or side box with links to appear, and hard code it all . . . or create a "side box with links" plugin.

For your PDF files, how about adding a link to the file in product description (wysiwyg editor)?

You said, " In CC4 I just used to click the hyperlink icon and then upload but that seems to have gone. So how do you do it in CC5?"

Here's what you need know --

CC3/4 used the FCKeditor which included the capability to upload a file on demand, like when you were creating a document and wanted to put a link to a resource (a PDF file, for example) that was not yet on the server.

CC5 uses the CKeditor which does not come with an upload capability. (But you can buy a license for an uploader add-on to CKeditor.)

However, CC5 comes with a complete Filemanager. To do this in CC5, you would use the Filemanager to upload your PDFs, then when creating a link to that PDF, you would have to already know the folder location.

Having said all this, I have yet to fully grok CC5's filemanager system.