Upgrade 3.0.20 free license to 5.0.9 pro license

Guest PanKBoy

Guest PanKBoy

Hello everyone,

I have a cubecart shop 3.0.20 free license and now i want to buy a 5.0.9 pro license.

Can i upgrade to 5.0.9 pro and keep every data, like costumers, orders, products, images, etc.. or do i have to do a fresh install and start from the scratch?

Thank you! ;)

You don't want to do a fresh install, but backup EVERYTHING before you start - database, all files - and be absolutely sure the backup does have everything saved. I did a "backup" one time via FTP and only found out when it was too late that my FTP client had timed out before it finished, and I only had a partial set of files. I'm not sure if you need to empty all the CC cache files before you start, but it sure can't hurt. At one point in the v5 versions upgrading from one to the next required that step.

If you do a clean install you will lose ALL of your database information. You want the upgrade choice.

(Just a personal prejudice here - if I were you I'd install v 5.0.8, instead of 5.0.9, unless you can wait for 5.1.0 to come out. Look at the bug reports since 09 came out, and you'll likely see why I feel that way.)

Guest PanKBoy

i just want to know if there is someway to upgrade from 3.0.20 to 5.0.9 without losing nothing.

I tried to upgrade to 5.0.9 free license but i couldn't do it.

When will 5.1.0 be released? There is some idea?

"without losing nothing?" you want to lose something? odd... ok, you'll lose mods, any customisation and your skin.

There are upgrade instructions supplied with v5. Do a test upgrade offline to ensure you have lost what you want to lose.

Guest PanKBoy

sorry for my bad english.

I want to upgrade to v5 and keep my products and his pictures, stock, clients and orders. Is that possible?

I expect it is! The upgrade.txt which comes with CubeCart 5.0.9 covers upgrading from 3.0.x. If you download it and look inside /docs, you'll be able to read it yourself. It looks like you just delete everything except /images, /includes and /language, then upload all the new files (and make some folders writeable), and run through the automatic upgrade/install in /setup. :)

If you can't test this offline first, just remember to have a couple of backups in different places, and try to do it in a low-traffic period in case it all goes wrong.