CC4 End of Life question

Dodgebill

With it being official that CubeCart 4 is now at the end of it's supported life I was wondering if it is going to go completely free or it we are still going to have to buy a license to make it work from here on out? Seems a logical question, right? If there is a free version of CC5 out there then paying for a license for the CC4 seems silly. Please tell me the admin back end will open up.... please?

The reason I ask is... I am getting ready to launch a new store and I have been trying to get CC5 to function as I want but it's just such a steep learning curve to rewrite the code for it I'm about at my whits end. It will take me a good six months or so just to put a few simple mods in but I wanted to get my store up right away and CC4 is fine for now with what I'm doing.

Thanks

Bill

Boy, when you say end of life you really mean it. Seems pretty harsh to me. Not very nice to treat all us loyal Cubers like this. Conform or die, is that the plan?

Personally, I cannot get used to how hard everything is on CC5. Just adding a product is now a multi step process and takes 3 times longer. Plus, If you forget to hit save at any point you get to start all over. Personally I cry a bit every time I have to use it compared to CC4. I know it's "better" but not for the user who has to live with all the stupid tabs. When you have 9,000 products that's a lot of extra steps!

I'll just go sit and cry in the corner now

Bill

This is the information Devellion announced 2 years ago when v5 beta was released, and 12 months ago when v5 was officially released. V3 and V4 will both continue to work (as long as server configurations allow it to), and they are both supported in the third-party forum.