5.1.0 Default Mobile Skin Problem

I've just upgraded from 5.0.7 to 5.1.0 on a site with a heavily modded version of the kurouto skin that I renamed. So I figured I'd just use the default Kurouto to begin with to make sure everything is working properly. My skin is based on the Orange, and wouldn't you know it there is no Orange variation of the Mobile skin. OH WELL. That I can live with, but when I look at Admin I see the place to enable the Mobile skin, but the color choice drop down is empty.

Is this happening to anyone else?

OK. I had tried emptying Cache in CC and the browser, but when I rebooted the computer it now does show the Mobile Skin Color Choices in Admin. But I don't have a phone that will allow me to test it out. I tried changing the size of the browser window to narrow it down small enough to simulate a mobile phone, but that didn't trigger it, because it seems to detect the phone browser automatically to make the change.

How am I supposed to edit a skin I can't see?

I've just upgraded from 5.0.7 to 5.1.0 on a site with a heavily modded version of the kurouto skin that I renamed. So I figured I'd just use the default Kurouto to begin with to make sure everything is working properly. My skin is based on the Orange, and wouldn't you know it there is no Orange variation of the Mobile skin. OH WELL. That I can live with, but when I look at Admin I see the place to enable the Mobile skin, but the color choice drop down is empty.

Is this happening to anyone else?

I had the same thing, I cant see any way to edit it unless you have a smart phone and can see it.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Viola

In config.xml change

<mobile>true</mobile>

to

<mobile>false</mobile>

That will let you view and edit the skin in a normal browser. Don't forget to change it back to true when you're done editing though.

You might still want to get hold of a smartphone at some point though just to make sure it looks right.