Upgrading from 4.4.4 to 5

Guest Liam Chapman

Guest Liam Chapman

Hi

I have recently changed hosting providers, so on the new host I installed version 5 of cubecart but I am now having trouble installing my database with all my products images etc from version 4.4.4 of cubecart.

Can some one help and explain how I install the database on the new cubecart

Thanks

Liam

You need to run the upgrader on the database to upgrade it from v4 to v5.

Just ensure the table prefix is correct, database username and password is correct, and the details within the global file are correct to access your v4 database. Also ensure your images are in the correct places, a long with the ini.inc.php file. You should follow the v5 upgrade notes.

Guest Liam Chapman

Starting with a fresh database would mean loosing just short of 10k products it has took alot of time and effort to add those items and I do not wish to have to do it all again

I know it sucks to do it all again but I'm 8 months out from upgrading and still about to set up a sub domain, slap up a fresh version of V5 on a new database and manually add everything back. The V4 database does not mesh well with V5 and I'm still having all kinds of trouble, especially with customers who registered back on the v4 database. Just tossing it out there because I think you would be happier with V5 on a fresh database in the long run.

I'm in the same boat. I'm trying to upgrade and having a ton of trouble. I am not liking CC5 AT ALL!!! It's just so much harder to use! Clearly it was just not designed with big stores in mind. I think it's the "Windows Vista" for Cubecart. Nice idea, bad execution. Can't wait for CubeCart 6. Back to CC4 style admin architecture please.