Unable to update to 5.1 and Paypal problems...

I'm experiencing numerous problems with Cubecart version 5 - can anyone please help?

The first problem is related to Paypal. After some (not all) members make a purchase in the shop - when they try to pay for it, they receive the following error:

"Unable to Process Payment. Please contact the merchant as the shipping address provided by the merchant is invalid, and the merchant has requested that your order must be shipped to that address"

I've enabled delivery to non-invoice address but this doesn't fix the problem. It doesn't occur with every member, only some and I've checked their invoice and shipping address in Cubecart and they are the same. If they choose to buy as a guest - they can buy with no problems.

I looked this up and someone said to delete the line

address_override =>'1'

from modules > gateway >paypal >gateway.class.php

This line isn't present in 5.08 (the version I'm running). Can anyone help before I loose more customers?

I also attempted to upgrade from 5.08 to 5.1 and it seems to have problems there too...

I uploaded all the files in the 5.1 folder, entered the address to the setup folder (www.*****.com/shop/setup/) and nothing...the browser just remains blank. I've tried this in Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer and Chrome. All the same, it just turns to a blank page.

I uploaded the setup folder from 5.08 version, pointed the browser to it and it worked fine.

My server is running Apache with Php 5.2.17 and MySQL 50162.

I don't have an answer to the paypal problem but I had the same trouble when I first went from V4 to 5.0.1 and put in a help ticket for it.

As for the problem with setup I've got a similar issue but I get the following error though I can still log into my admin panel:

Warning: require_once(/home/wws/public_html/shoppe/setup/ini.inc.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/wws/public_html/shoppe/setup/index.php on line 6

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/wws/public_html/shoppe/setup/ini.inc.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/wws/public_html/shoppe/setup/index.php on line 6

On the PayPal issue, I've not been able to put the green check on the Email Address Override choice. Every time I've tried it, no matter which CC upgrade it is, I get emails from customers saying they get the same message you did. So leaving that setting as an red X is likely the equivalent of deleting the section of code that was suggested from an earlier v5 version. It can't hurt to try that and see if it works better for you.

I am having same problem when trying to update/upgrade to 5.1.0.

I don't have an answer to the paypal problem but I had the same trouble when I first went from V4 to 5.0.1 and put in a help ticket for it.

As for the problem with setup I've got a similar issue but I get the following error though I can still log into my admin panel:

Warning: require_once(/home/wws/public_html/shoppe/setup/ini.inc.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/wws/public_html/shoppe/setup/index.php on line 6

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/wws/public_html/shoppe/setup/ini.inc.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/wws/public_html/shoppe/setup/index.php on line 6

There was a major issue with the build of 5.1.0 that was initially available for download - that build was replaced sometime the same day. So it may be that downloading 5.1.0 again and upgrading again would fix both of your problems with blank pages. If not, you need to submit Support Tickets and bug reports.

Considering I've downloaded the 5.1.0 zip from everywhere fresh moments before I installed it today I should have had the latest download. I tried downloading from every link I can find. I am just kicking myself I know better than this but have been having some bug issues lately and was hoping this would fix it. At least it all still works, for now.

Im getting this same error grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Guest lil-redrex

Ive got the same problem, just tried upgrading from 5.09 to 5.1

Lucky Ive havent gone live and is just on my test store.

I just downloaded 5.1 about 10 mins ago....so should be the latest 5.1 or do we now wait for 5.2.....

Not sure why I should be having to use up support credits though for what seems a fault with the update they have supplied from the word go.....

Update

I only just seem to get the prob when trying to go to setup directory to do the upgrade.

Store and admin interface seem to work and the problem with all orders showing pending in order list has now gone(which is why I upgraded to 5.1)

Maybe 5.10 doesnt need the setup/upgrade process run to work??

Guest kat_bob

I agree with having to use credits to contact them over things like this, then it seems you must buy more to get help with issues like this, not great. I have yet to upgrade to 5.1

There is no need to run the setup in order to upgrade to 5.1.0 - there is a small line in the release notes on this forum that Al published to say that upgrades are "Automatic" which maybe could have been explained in a bit more detail ! I simply uploaded 5.1.0 files over the current installation and then logged back in as admin user and store was 5.1.0 ! 5.1.0 also now includes a built in upgrade facility within the store which I think was what he was actually talking about !

I will conclude that some packages being installed have a wrong statement in the file /setup/index.php at line 6.

It seems some of you have the first statement while others have the second:

OK: require_once(realpath(dirname(dirname(__FILE__))).DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.'ini.inc.php');

Bad: require_once(realpath(dirname(__FILE__)).DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.'ini.inc.php');

If you can edit this file prior to attempting to install or upgrade, please try to do so.

There is no need to run the setup in order to upgrade to 5.1.0 - there is a small line in the release notes on this forum that Al published to say that upgrades are "Automatic" which maybe could have been explained in a bit more detail ! I simply uploaded 5.1.0 files over the current installation and then logged back in as admin user and store was 5.1.0 ! 5.1.0 also now includes a built in upgrade facility within the store which I think was what he was actually talking about !

5th time is the charm. Sure enough the 5th time I uploaded everything I went one file at a time and while my site/setup still didn't work the new files are all there where they should be and I now have 5.1 installed. When I tried to upload all the files at once everything transfered, no failed transfers so who knows what the issue was.

It says Automatic Updates so I took it as it means its going to auto update in the future, i would of throught they would of put auto install or auto setup otherwise

I will conclude that some packages being installed have a wrong statement in the file /setup/index.php at line 6.

It seems some of you have the first statement while others have the second:

OK: require_once(realpath(dirname(dirname(__FILE__))).DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.'ini.inc.php');

Bad: require_once(realpath(dirname(__FILE__)).DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.'ini.inc.php');

If you can edit this file prior to attempting to install or upgrade, please try to do so.

Yep this works and update is now ran, cheers

Just to pick one more nit on this issue with Failed to Open Stream (see bug#188):

The latest solution was to release a build that had this as line 2 in the file /setup/index.php:

require_once(str_replace('setup','',realpath(dirname(__FILE__)).'ini.inc.php'));

This works fine as long as there is one and only one expected and placed exactly existence of 'setup' in realpath(), such as:

/home/wws/public_html/shoppe/setup/

Lets explore some bad choices of paths to the store code:

/home/wws/setup_my_webs_here/store1/

/home/g/o/gorsetupton/

There exists, however slight, the possibility that "setup' exists elsewhere in the path, other than exclusively as a sub-folder within the CubeCart installation.

So, Al and Convict, may I propose, since the CubeCart setup folder's position is known relative to the application's doc-root folder, that the simple ../ be explored, or if more complexity is required:

require_once(realpath(dirname(dirname(__FILE__))).DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.'ini.inc.php');

Good point no doubt, thank you. The final (last) code is different I did Friday evening. Problem you mentioned is rare one but a reality we met in the past using v4 LOL The only reason to recode the original line used till 5.0.9 is the new feaure in 5.1.0 - Upgrade. Absolute path is required and the original code doesn't match requirements.

Simple solution at this time:

require_once(preg_replace('/setup$/','',realpath(dirname(__FILE__))).'ini.inc.php');