Order placed admin confirmation email [advices/suggestions]

convict

We did a fix in 5.1.0 to prevent multiple Pending records on order history when order is placed but it brought a problem no emails were sent to an admin.

Another fix made it working [http://bugs.cubecart...iew.php?id=194] but we are back as we were before 5.1.0. However fix is opening a door to add additional feature.

Mulltiple emails and history record is the matter. New email is always being sent when customer tried to order multiple times (the same order id in use) + order history record made. Some admins complained about multiple records in order history. Only helps to use Processing status to sent admin order placed email at this time.

Now what would be the best? A small piece of history:

Version 3 didn't sent multiple emails to admin but the first one. This however could made different order content than in email content when customer tried to checkout multiple times. Some store admins complaned about. Then version 4 changed it a new order ID is generated by any multiple checkout attempts and a previos one order has been cancelled. Once again some store owners complained about. That was the reason initial v5 sent an order placed email when order status was processing but many sore owners complained about. :-)

New fix opens a door to control what to do when an order is updated on checkout, customer already reached payment select page but returned back and forth either trying to use different payment option.

Any comments, advices are highly appreciated.

At least when I received multiple emails from my cart on pending orders I knew there was an order. I just deleted the duplicates which is easy to see as they come into my email box because they have the same number. I want emails on pending or even those that pay via paypal and go right to processing. Right now the only emails I get are when someone pays via paypal and those emails are coming from Paypal NOT from my shopping cart. I have it set to get emails on all pending notifications and since upgrading to 5.1 I get nothing and it is frustrating.