Resolved - Images not saving

Images which are missing from products, suddenly stopped being able to be saved.

Waited on 5.1 upgrade to fix the problem, but no, save image returns to dashboard.

Where can I fix this?

Weekly images have been getting knocked out , switched off as main image, having to be reset every week. BORING CC! :yeahhh:

same issue - images not saving and returning to dashboard.

raised a ticket, Al kindly had a good go at fixing our cart in April but even with ftp and database access was unable to sort it out - and we still don`t know what it is.

Unfortunately, during the poking and prodding along the way, the problem has actually developed further, and now no products can be added at all - just returns to dashboard on save.. upgraded the cart to 5.0.9 but no change.

so at the moment, although the cart still takes orders, i am unable to add any new products.

So we have no solution from Cubecart staff, no solution yet from our host, and no solution from the forum, ...which places us in no-mans-land.

Given this experience , we decided to move our store data to a professional monthly paid cart so we can continue to populate our store -volution.

It has been the right move so far in terms of stability and technical support.

I haven`t given up on CC5 store just yet and will keep the store running as long as possible.

We are considering trying hostgator for CC5 to see if the server environment has something to do with it.

If anyone has experience with hostgator and Cubecart v5, I would be keen to hear.

Or preferably if there are CC5 store owners successfully hosting in Australia i would like to know.

Thanks all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just as an FYI, the issue was that when there were a lot of images in a store, the system generated too many form fields which was basically causing the servers to puke during page saves. I completely rebuilt how the product pages are constructed on the back end to only submit form fields for images whose status is changed and it's fixed the issue. This is available in V5.1.1, but can be implemented on ANY older version by replacing the /js/plugins/jquery.filetree.js file from the V5.1.1 release. Hope this helps!

:w00t:

Just as an FYI, the issue was that when there were a lot of images in a store, the system generated too many form fields which was basically causing the servers to puke during page saves. I completely rebuilt how the product pages are constructed on the back end to only submit form fields for images whose status is changed and it's fixed the issue. This is available in V5.1.1, but can be implemented on ANY older version by replacing the /js/plugins/jquery.filetree.js file from the V5.1.1 release. Hope this helps!

:w00t:

So an upgrade to v5.1.1 will fix the issue?

It's your choice:

This is available in V5.1.1, but can be implemented on ANY older version by replacing the /js/plugins/jquery.filetree.js file from the V5.1.1 release.

Just in case unintended consequences of this fix show up - BACKUP the original jquery file first.