5.1 upgrade impacts search for products in Admin Panel

Guest HARP

Guest HARP

I just upgraded from 5.08 to 5.1 lite version. The search in products doesn't seem to be acting properly.

1.) When I select Products under Inventory and it brings up the Product Inventory Page all the tabs work except "Search Products." Absolutely nothing happens when I click on that tab.

2.) For my next try I move to the right of the screen causing the Search Box (Customers, Products, Orders) to open and I put a keyword in the "Search Products." It no longer locates items that it used to. Since we drop ship we don't have control over inventory levels and we put the term "limited quantities" in the description so we can find the items that are close to running out from the distributor. Those items need to be checked frequently. In 5.0.8 we could search for the word "quantities" and it would find every product with that keyword. Now it cannot find a single one. Has the search method changed?

FYI when I saw these issues I ran maintenance cleared the caches, rebuilt the site map, and ran a repair on the database. It made no difference.

Any help would be appreciated.

Guest HARP

I'm running into more problems in the product search in 5.1.0. Since I'm having to identify low inventory in a way that does not need Product Search to find something in the description file I need to update several records to make changes.

What I am finding is that I do several searches and updates and then suddenly cubecart loses it's mind. I'll do a search hit the search button and then suddenly I'm in the dasboard rather than product listings. If I go back to the Product Search it brings me back to the dashboard with or without the following error message:

Open Flash Chart

IO ERROR

Loading test data

Error #2032

This is the URL that I tried to open:../../data-files/y-axis-auto-steps.txt

I'm thinking of going back to 5.0.8 that seems more stable to me.

Guest HARP

I've decided to make a hidden category that will filter all the low stock items. Once all the items are updated with the new category then it's easy to run a filter. My concern now is the fact that multiple searches and updates are causing cubecart to blow up with an error message.

Guest HARP

I think I may have found a pattern on cubecart blowing up on the search / update process. If I do a search and save the located record - whether I made changes or not then it seems lie everything works as expected. However if I do several searches in a row, but do not save the records (because nothing was changed) then I get the dashboard blow up problem with or without the error message listed above. I finally got all my category updates completed from the original issue by saving every searched record.

I use the search products quite a lot and haven't noticed any problems so far with 5.1, even doing multiple searches without saving any changes, could it be something unique to your setup?

Guest HARP

Anything is possible :-) I have a few skin mods but that's all. The store is very basic. I may try a totally new install on the next release versus an upgrade to see if that makes a difference. It may also be the specific pattern I use in searching and reviewing records that leaves something open or uncleared. I'll look into that when I have some free time.