My first one

Guest twisted

Nicely filled...yes. But it takes more than just a full product line to make your store unique.

If you want a showcase site, you need to do something about customizing the default graphics and making the site truly your own, instead of just one more cookie cutter cubecart site.

After all, we don;t want to become another oscommerce, do we?

:sourcerer:

Take a look at my store if you want an idea of what can be done with a little bit of time and creative thinking.

Designs Cubed .com

BTW, I think your sponsors links are just fine the way they are.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree.

I dont want to it to be just another plain skin.

Will you point me in the right direction?

What .php do use to wrap the table border?

Please excuse my manner of speaking. I cant think of the right word.

I have picked out my header.

it width="780" so i want the rest of the store to be "780' table size

thaks for all the help.

I have the table sized, except for when to join or login.

It still does some weird 100% thing. I need to track down the table for that one.

Also i decided to trash the flash header.

there were alot of people who couldnt see it, so that meant they wouldnt see the links to the rest of the site.

Thanks for the help.

Now to get the rest Modded.

Any suggestions?

Guest twisted

1. by reducing the gap around all the tables, you can lose some of that width you are getting on register and login. Do this in subheader.inc.php, in the first <table> tag in that file, reduce the cellpadding from 15 down to 4 - 6. THis still gives an attractive gap between tables, but not the huge chasm that a 15 does.

2. the tables on login and register are in, strangely, login.php and register.php :P

It still does some weird 100% thing.

Actually, it doesn't. The defualt width is 550. add to that the cell padding of 15, and the side column widths of 140, you've got a total width of 920 pixels...so it only LOOKS like 100%

I do most of my designs at 780 pixels, and have found 450 to be a good width for these tables. Note that in register.php, the table is defined more than once...you have to change all instances of it. They are all contained within echo statements, so shouldn;t be too hard to find.

3. I haven't even logged in, and you are presenting me with a logOUT button.

You've got "Join Now", "Sign In" and "Logout" which are static, and stay the same whether I am logged in or not. PM or email me,and I will show you how to make it so that it shows "Join Now", "Sign In" to guests, but changes to "My Account", "Logout" to logged in users and you can lose the conflicting buttons.

Guest twisted

Oh...one thing, when making the table narrower on register.php, note that there are about 3 "countries" listed that have very long names, causing the drop down menu for the countries selection to be very wide.

You can define the table to 450 wide, but the width of that drop down slection box will still cause the table to go beyond that width.

You have to manually either edit the country names to make them shorter, or delete them altogether (they're obscure little countries anyway, heh) in the database

Guest twisted

Gawd...and another thing... :P <--(the "Gawd" is at me for the 3 posts in a row! )lol

Do something with the default table graphics. You've got a red/orange/yellow thing going with the page header...carry that through to the table graphics for a mre complete "overall" look.

The esay way is to just recolor the exisitng grpahics, or make your own box graphics, which is marginally harder.

P.S. Very nice page transition effect. I like it! Very smoooth.

no problem twisted, i need the guidance.

magic expresss, I need help uderstanding more clearly what is wrong when you see the page. I have viewed it in all my browsers and cant see that.