Only 1 shipping method but still asked to verify?

Guest HARP

I have only one shipping method because I use a per item fee schedule. When a customer goes to check out it shows the correct shipping amount in the "select the shipping method line" however upon hitting the checkout button the customer receives the following message:

Please check that the defined shipping method is suitable and click "Checkout" to continue to payment.

If the customer hits checkout again then it correctly takes the them to the payment gateway.,

Can I force cubecart to recognize the existing checkout amount as already selected so the error does not pop up? Would this be considered a bug?

• 1 month later...

Did you find any resolve for this as I am having the same issue and it causes immense confusion? !

I need the free shipping to display as 'free shipping' not as an option to be selected which is just too confusing for customers.

It also creates a need for an entire page in checkout just to verify shipping which seems ridiculous (when you have free shipping anyway)

any help much appreciated!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Was there ever a fix for this... I have tracked this down now to when you have a guest user and they use the checkout button rather than the paypal express option (paypal yellow button). They register go through all the options and then it comes back with: Please check that the defined shipping method is suitable and click "Checkout" to continue to payment"

As it happens if you do go through and continue it works perfectly. I can recreate this every time. Obviously once you exist as a user and go to order there are no problems.

The problem is that my customers have gone elsewhere by then as they feel like they have already paid and do not want to pay twice.

I am using cubcart 5.1.3 at the moment and soon to go up to 5.1.4 to see if it is fixed.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Me too. I'm testing at the moment and every single test user has come up with the same complaint. Once you're returned from the Paypal express page there's absolutely no indication of what the user is supposed to do.

Even when the "check shipping" message does come up after the user clicks around a bit it then expects them to click on a text header rather than an actual button.

I know enough to modify the code to stop this happening but I can't believe anyone is using a cubecart store in reality running like this without losing lots of customers.

• 2 weeks later...

I am also having this same issue. The clients that I have done websites for are all saying that they get a lot of customer complaints that they think there is a problem and going elsewhere as there is not a shipping cost to check as there is only 1 shipping cost.

Does anyone have a fix for this yet?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...