"Last Updated" function does not work

Guest GrabberPony.com

Guest GrabberPony.com

I started with version 5.0.0 and am now at 5.1.0. On the Product Inventory screen the "Last Updated" feature has never worked. It always shows UNKNOWN. Any ideas on how to make this work?

Thank you.

Guest GrabberPony.com

Can you take a screen shot of the Structure of your updated column in the _inventory table in your database? I've attached mine.

In my "store_CubeCart_inventory" there is no field called "updated". I guess that could be a problem! ;-)

Take a look...

Hmmmm. I had trouble with Updated not working correctly quite a few versions ago - mine was constantly updating - just the opposite of your issue. So it's possible that this field in my database was added to fix the issue. But both of our CC 5.1.0 sites have this field.

I'll offer this suggest with a strong caveat that I am just a user with no real expertise in CC. I don't think it could do any harm to try creating this field, using mine as a pattern for the structure. Then alter a product and save it and see what happens.

From GrabberPony's screenshot, I will conclude that an upgrade step was not performed or performed badly.

From a master upgrade script I devised, I see that `manufacturer` was added, but `updated` was not. (The columns `shipping_upcharge` must be someone's mod.)

I also see that `upc`, `ean`, `jan`, and `isbn` have not been changed to VARCHAR(20), there is no `cost_price`, and `seo_custom_url` is still there.

So, I think there are/were problems running the upgrade scripts from as far back as 508, maybe 507.

I recommend (make a backup of the database, of course) accessing the _history table and deleting all records that mention version 5.0.8 through 5.1.0. Then run the installer in the upgrade mode.

Is it wrong that I have two 5.0.8 versions in the history?

s_fulltext.png id version time

b_edit.png Edit

b_drop.png Delete 1 5.0.7 1328764904

b_edit.png Edit

b_drop.png Delete 2 5.0.8 1335670090

b_edit.png Edit

b_drop.png Delete 3 5.0.8 1335670100

b_edit.png Edit

b_drop.png Delete 4 5.0.9 1336516374

b_edit.png Edit

b_drop.png Delete 5 5.1.0 1339141593

I started with 5.0.0, but I wiped the database at some point and started fresh, but imported products back in.

Considering that the timestamp is only 10 seconds apart (1335670090 to 1335670100), I would conclude that 508 has a bug where there is a redundant location in the code where CC5 recorded the timestamp of the update process.