Latest Products on Homepage switches to only showing 5 instead of 6.

UGAChance

Latest Products on Homepage switches to only showing 5 instead of 6.

Has anyone seen this?

This keeps happening and I have no idea why.

The Homepage Layout Settings still says 6, but only 5 show.... the first 5. The last one is empty/blank. I can change it to say 9 and 8 display. It doesn't matter what number I change it to, it is always 1 less.

It has been doing this I think since 5.0.0... I am on the latest and have been updating every version. I fixed it once, but it came back. I am not sure what I did to fix it because I was clearing cache, rebuilding Sitemap, etc.

I think CubeCart works it like this:

Construct the WHERE filter to include only those products such that the product's status is enabled and show featured is enabled,

but not any product that must be hidden if out of stock (from general settings) unless the visitor is an admin.

Fetch the number of records limited by latest products count of all products that satisfy the above.

Then subtract out any product that is not in a category with its status enabled.

Then, the skin may have a control ('ctrl_stock') that determines the inclusion of the product if the product's settings says to use stock levels but stock is at zero.