Sequential invoice numbers

aris1234

Does cc5 support them? I see the order numbers are the date/time with a random number - but HMRC requires that vat invoices have a sequential number. Ths can be separate from the order number - but the vt invoice must have it.

Does cc5 support this?

I'm in the US, so I didn't even know about this being a legal requirement anywhere. There's a Suggestion section on this forum. But this is a CC community forum, with no guarantee that any CC staff will see it here. You can file a bug report about this, so that's probably the best way to bring this to CC's attention.

• 1 month later...

I have found the area for changing the order number but it is still random: under class/order.class

$this->_order_id = rand(2000000, 2000999);

But what I need is to have them sequential so from like 200000 plus 1 for each new numbers, I have tried a few things but it always errors...

Have you got any suggestions to help make this work properly?

Any help would be appreciated.

Guest beautyie

aris1234,

In the pst I have create a new table call ref_data and used it to hold a number of different data elements, very simple structure

Name

Value

then I have a couple of functions to read and update using the name as the identified such as

$refdata = $GLOBALS['db']->select('CubeCart_refdata',false,"name = 'fastway_scan_date'");

$last_scan = $refdata[0]['value'];

and to update

$timenow = time();

$record['value'] = $timenow;

$where = "name = 'fastway_scan_date'";

$GLOBALS['db']->update("CubeCart_refdata", $record, $where);

hope this helps

Well I actually went through the 3rd party mod and I paid for it but I still haven't got it! Yeah right buy it you'll get the mod! If I get it, once I have paid for it... Third party is a joke! Now you know why I never pay because most of these guys never give you the mods they offer! Estelle is great but I really don't trust the third party mods and I still haven't got it after paying... Wow great advice Dirty Butter that's for that, I even emailed them and still now reply...

FYI, the one guy who does third party mods for CC5, whose name starts with "G" - does seem to take 48 hours to get you the download link. I did get my download link 48 hours after purchase, which isn't terribly long in the universe. Of course it's always ironic that somebody doing third party modules for CC, which can sell digital downloads, doesn't actually use it for that feature .... ;-)