Resolved - Print Order Form Gateway fails

KirkM

I have a fresh install of CC 5.1.0. No modifications except to the skin css.

The print order gateway in Firefox Mac shows a blank page (indicating a fatal php script error).

Chrome on Mac shows this error message:

Server error

HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request.

I emptied all caches, reloaded the files, checked the forums and bug tracker and it just doesn't work.

Any suggestions to get this to happen?

Just a huge guess...

In the file modulesgatewayPrint_Order_Formgateway.class.php (for CC510), there are statements that have this gateway calculate (recalculate?) and show taxes. The premise that follows may be the cause of the problem:

Premise: The Tax class may not have been instantiated when this file is executed.

If so, then statements that include $GLOBALS['tax']-> will throw a fatal error (method called on a non-object).

Some statements have this form, other statements have the form Tax::getInstance()->, which allows for using the class without formally instantiating it.

To try: change all instances of $GLOBALS['tax']-> to Tax::getInstance()->

The lines to edit are: 77, 78, 90, and 103 (but look for yourself for others I may have missed).

This is only a guess based on the above premise.

Did you see bug report 0000173?

That issue appears to be about printing order details by the customer and was resolved in 5.1.0, which is the version I have clean-installed. My problem is with the Print_Order_Form gateway fatally erroring.

Just a huge guess...

In the file modulesgatewayPrint_Order_Formgateway.class.php (for CC510), there are statements that have this gateway calculate (recalculate?) and show taxes. The premise that follows may be the cause of the problem:

Premise: The Tax class may not have been instantiated when this file is executed.

If so, then statements that include $GLOBALS['tax']-> will throw a fatal error (method called on a non-object).

Some statements have this form, other statements have the form Tax::getInstance()->, which allows for using the class without formally instantiating it.

To try: change all instances of $GLOBALS['tax']-> to Tax::getInstance()->

The lines to edit are: 77, 78, 90, and 103 (but look for yourself for others I may have missed).

This is only a guess based on the above premise.

Thanks for that very through answer. It is a very interesting and insightful hypothesis. If true, that would appear to be a bug in 5.1.0. I am wondering i anyone else is experiencing this or not. If a bug, there should be many, if not everyone. If not, it must be something wrong with my settings or installation. I think I will use some support credits to get CC devs to see for themselves and fix the issue. This way, they will see first hand if it is a bug to fix or just some error on my end.

Thanks for the replies!

You said, "If a bug, there should be many [people experiencing this problem], if not everyone."

If it is a bug, then it would affect everyone. But I wager that very few (if any at all but yourself) store owners are using the Print Order Form gateway.

Solved by CC support. It was on my end. With all versions through CC4, I had the orders.class.php script put a prefix in front of the order number for some clients who had multiple stores but used the same Authorize.net account. This enabled them to differentiate between the stores when pulling and auditing accounting information from Authorize.net. This always worked just fine. That was the only tweak I made on this store.

It turns out that in CC5, the security is much tighter and the order number has to strictly conform to the native formatting. Adding the prefix broke all kinds of things, including the admin and customer emails, plus the print order form gateway. My bad.

Al Brookbanks was very quick to spot it and educate me on this requirement. He was also very helpful in offering a modification suggestion to achieve what I need without breaking the store.

Very impressive customer service, I must say. So far, the CC5 store is tesing out perfectly now. If I could just get Estelle to push out her shipping mod for CC5, I would be very, very happy.

Thanks again for the help here on the forum. Sorry for the runaround!