Cookie complaince not displaying

Guest familychoice

Guest familychoice

One of the reasons for upgrading to V5 was for the cookie compliance feature that's supposed to be built in.

I've enabled it, and I can see the code for it in the template but it's not displaying on the site.

Any ideas, or is this yet another bug?

Guest familychoice

Are you in the UK? If not, you'll have to add your country to the array to trick it into showing it to you. If that's not the problem, make sure you actually have non essential cookies. If not, it won't show.

Thanks for the reply (and the rest of your help today).

I'm in the UK, and I've set up the Addthis sharing buttons which set non-essential tracking cookies so it should be showing.

Add your country to the array in session.class.php line 229 so you can see the compliance message if you are not in the European Union. If you have FireFox you can check to see what cookies a site uses by clicking on the favicon icon to the left of the url in the address bar. More Information will lead you to the list. I'm sure there's a way to see them in other browsers.

The only AddThis cookie I show on our site is _atuvc. (I'm NOT using the CC compliance code, but added something I was comfortable with.) I think AddThis has changed something since the compliance law went into effect. According to AddThis there is a way to stop that cookie, but I didn't use it correctly or it doesn't work properly. Since I'm in the US I decided it wasn't worth my time.If you get their fix to work, please let me know.

Guest familychoice

Add your country to the array in session.class.php line 229 so you can see the compliance message if you are not in the European Union. If you have FireFox you can check to see what cookies a site uses by clicking on the favicon icon to the left of the url in the address bar. More Information will lead you to the list. I'm sure there's a way to see them in other browsers.

I've checked the file and my country code is in there. I've also run a scan on cookies being set and the addthis buttons are appearing in the list.

I've checked the addthis site and can't see any mention of their code being compliant, so I'm guessing the Cubecart pop-up isn't working.

Guest familychoice

Thanks, but I don't know where to add the script either. There's a social.class.php file in the AddThis directory but I've no idea how to incorporate their script into this page. I've also tried unchecking the 'Enable Analytics' option in the admin but as ever this makes zero difference and the site check still flags up a warning regarding cookies.

To be honest I'd just like to get the cookie compliance pop-up working - is it broken in 5.1.0 or has anyone managed to get it working?

Does anyone from Cubecart ever visit this forum?

This is a community forum. The 'CubeCart people' do not visit the forum very often as they provide premium support via support tickets. If there is a bug, report it in bug tracker, if you need official support submit a support ticket. If you want the opinion and support from other CubeCart enthusiasts then this forum is the place to post. If you want advice and support on features or modifications not standard in the CubeCart software visit cubecartforums.org to ask there.

Guest familychoice

this is a peer community forum, NOT a staff forum.

ok

This is a community forum. The 'CubeCart people' do not visit the forum very often as they provide premium support via support tickets. If there is a bug, report it in bug tracker, if you need official support submit a support ticket.

So what do you do if you don't know whether it's a bug or not?

Turns out it was, and the script isn't picking up the cookies set by AddThis.

I usually test on the Vanilla skin on both our stores, and if the problem still exists I ask here to see if I'm the only one with the issue. If other people are having the same problem I report it as a bug. Sometimes it turns out to be a problem with just my install, in which case they can't replicate it. I then open a support ticket.

Guest familychoice

I usually test on the Vanilla skin on both our stores, and if the problem still exists I ask here to see if I'm the only one with the issue. If other people are having the same problem I report it as a bug. Sometimes it turns out to be a problem with just my install, in which case they can't replicate it. I then open a support ticket.

That's why I posted here first, I've based my site on a default theme with very few template changes so it should work without any issues. I was hoping for some feedback and more information before I used a support ticket.

I've burned a few support tickets, too, that turned out to be obscure bugs that few people would encounter. I understand your frustration, but it's extremely complex coding and such things will happen. I hope you get all your issues resolved soon!

Did CC give you a fix for this?

Guest familychoice

I've burned a few support tickets, too, that turned out to be obscure bugs that few people would encounter. I understand your frustration, but it's extremely complex coding and such things will happen. I hope you get all your issues resolved soon!

Did CC give you a fix for this?

Yes they fixed it.

I don't want to lose a support credit, I realise they probably can't test for every possibility before releasing an update but as I wasted several hours trying to get the software to work as advertised I'll be pretty miffed if they charge me for a credit as well. I'm not going to invoice them for my time so I think it'd be pretty mean deducting a credit for what was, in essence, bug reporting.