Resolved - Help digital downloads

Guest flowerz

Guest flowerz

Hi.

Help needed please.

I have just upgraded from CC4 to the latest V5.1.0 with a clean install.

My store sells only digital downloads.

I have a problem with digital downloads not showing in customer accounts page also no download email being sent to customer.

I have done a test purchase both free & paid for download from the store using PayPal Express all seems to be working fine with customer being sent back to site to confirm order.

On admin side orders are always set at processing for some reason & I have to manually set them to complete but still no downloads are sent out to customer even with the store Live.

I also query the digital file process on V5 as I don’t know if I am doing it correctly I have uploaded files through the store admin Digital downloads & by adding the Custom File Path option I can see them in the downloads folder in the Admin area so something is there.

I can’t find any real information on setting up downloads so don’t really know if I am doing it correctly so ant advice would be really appreciated.

If I can’t resolve this problem I will have to go back to using my V4.

Thank you

Pam

AFTER THOUGHT!

Is anyone actually running a fully automated digital site with V5?? Like version 4 used to work by sending orders automatically I would love some advice if you are

Guest flowerz

I am learning more every day about v5 digital problems some I am slowly solving but this one has me scratching my head!

New Digital orders automatically mark as Order Complete in my Dashboard orders section, but no downloads are being sent to customer,

customers are receiving the confirmation email but not the download email.

I found if I change the said orders back to pending & then back to Order Complete the download then gets sent?

This is really strange is it a bug or am I doing something wrong.

Has any one get suggestions as what may be causing this.

Any help would be really appreciated

Pam

I searched the bug reports and found http://bugs.cubecart.com/view.php?id=236. I don't know enough to be able to tell if it pertains to your problem or not. If you haven't already, do a search for digital downloads on this forum and the 3rd party forum to see if anyone has posted something that would be helpful to you.

Why not make this a separate post here AND on the 3rd party forum:

Is anyone actually running a fully automated digital site with V5?? Like version 4 used to work by sending orders automatically I would love some advice if you are

Guest flowerz

Hi.

Yes I looked at the bug reports & found the one you reefer but it actually makes no sense to me & I can’t see that it has any information to resolve the problem.

I hope this is a light bulb moment:

I found if I change the said orders back to pending & then back to Order Complete the download then gets sent?

I just realized you're using a commercial skin. So it's "working" in Admin. If you haven't already you need to go back to a default skin and go through the whole process, including payment, as a customer and see if it works.

Guest flowerz

I have purchased a commercial skin as you have noticed by my post on the .org site but I am not using the commercial skin to test store settings the problem is with cubecart skins I have had a cubecart site up & running fine for 4 years the problem is with V5

The commercial skin problem is not the same problem I am refering to

Today I upgraded from CC3 to 5.1.0

I can't get digital downloads to work securely.

To protect downloads, they need to be in a file above /public_html

But there seems to be no way to point to such a file, let alone create it, from within CC5.1.0.

Yes, it's possible to create a download folder in the /files directory BELOW /public_html but that is completely vulnerable, so no use whatsoever. Why on earth did CC decide to implement it that way with such a well known issue is a mystery.

The documentation on downloads for CC3 (which mentions the vulnerability) was no use because the interface has changed so radically.

Not yet got onto whether the downloads product order/fulfilment cycle works OK, from a couple of other comments there seem to be some snags there too.

Anyone?

Brassman

Guest flowerz

Today I upgraded from CC3 to 5.1.0

I can't get digital downloads to work securely.

To protect downloads, they need to be in a file above /public_html

But there seems to be no way to point to such a file, let alone create it, from within CC5.1.0.

Yes, it's possible to create a download folder in the /files directory BELOW /public_html but that is completely vulnerable, so no use whatsoever. Why on earth did CC decide to implement it that way with such a well known issue is a mystery.

The documentation on downloads for CC3 (which mentions the vulnerability) was no use because the interface has changed so radically.

Not yet got onto whether the downloads product order/fulfilment cycle works OK, from a couple of other comments there seem to be some snags there too.

Anyone?

Brassman

You can use the file path as you did in your old version, when you are in Dashboard/product mode click on the product you want to work on, from the top menu chose digital then at the bottom you will see Custom File Path put your code in that area

see below,

/home/xxxxxx/your folder name/your zip name.zip

At last downloads are working but copyright text at bottom of page is just a load of shapes

I see 5.1.1 fixed the digital download problem you had, but seems to have caused another issue. If you need help with the copyright section please post as a separate thread.