Upgrading from 3 Questions before i mess it all up ;)

Guest isotel

Guest isotel

im curious if my Links are going to stay the same.

Im getting alot of traffic based on the address of my products on Google, Facebook, and other sites i promote my store on, will these hyperlinks stay the same?

If not, is there a way to capture that lost traffic and atleast get them back to my homepage?

im on version 3.0.17

The v3 URLs I believe will forward to the correct page in v5. However the URLs are different in v5. I recommend submitting the sitemap to Google as soon as you can upon upgrade to assist Google in updating the indexed URLs.

Guest isotel

ok, thank you for your help, even though i am a Newbie!

Im considering switching to a different cart software, so that may be another reason to look at other options.

You are going to lose all your page rankings because of the different URLS. I didn't realize when I changed from v4 to v5 that this was going to be an issue. It just about put me out of business. I had been using v4 since it started. My page rankigns were great and business was booming. Changing to v5 lost everything and it has taken months of hard work to get those back with google. I'm at almost a year and still trying to regain everything though it is much better now. Even submitting a site map isn't going to make them come back overnight but make sure you resubmit the site map with every change it is a long slow process and google keeps changing how they rank things.

Jamie