Language file for print receipt

Guest familychoice

Guest familychoice

Hi,

Can anyone tell me where the language for for the print receipt page is? I've searched through various files, including the main one but can't find a reference to the text I want to amend.

All I want to do is change the Americanised 'Cell Phone' to UK-friendly 'mobile'.

Hopefully this won't be classed as changing software functionality and I won't get told off for posting this, all I want to do is change a word.

Thanks.

Two ways:

1. Use the language editor in the admin side of the store. Be sure to select en-US, English (US), as the language. Then navigate to the Address group and change the 'mobile' language string to what you need.

2. In the admin General Settings page, make sure the store is set to en-GB, (English (UK), which uses 'Mobile'.

If your store has problems getting set to the UK language, let us know.

Guest familychoice

Two ways:

1. Use the language editor in the admin side of the store. Be sure to select en-US, English (US), as the language. Then navigate to the Address group and change the 'mobile' language string to what you need.

2. In the admin General Settings page, make sure the store is set to en-GB, (English (UK), which uses 'Mobile'.

Thanks. The UK language file was also set to use 'cell phone'. I tried updating it (and the US version) previously but it wasn't working so I was trying to locate the text manually. I've since discovered my host had applied a vigorous security setting that stopped the changes from being saved to the admin file, but he's since lifeted that.

If your store has problems getting set to the UK language, let us know.

It seems to be stuck on US as a default, despite the fact we're using UK English as the Default Language setting.

Is this a known bug?

Guest familychoice

I haven't tested since upgrading to 5.1.1, but I was previously having problems with changes I made from Admin not showing up on the site. I ended up hard wiring the changes in the language/definitions.xml file (which you're not supposed to do).

Yeah, that's what I tried to do but I think the print invoice settings are probably stored in the db as I couldn't locate them in the language files.

Guest familychoice

It is there in mine, and if not you should be able to use this to add it to yours:

<string name="mobile" introduced="5.0.0"><![CDATA[Mobile]]></string>

It's in definitions.xml under the address section - line 105 on mine

Thanks, I've got that in mine too but the print preview and admin language lists were displaying 'Cell Phone' instead, which I couldn't find in any language file so couldn't change it manually.

Is the UK English as the Default Language setting issue a known bug? I'm not able to set UK English as the default.

Guest familychoice

The UK and US English language settings for Address, for example, are identical in my installation. So for example 'zip code' is used instead of 'postcode'.

I have to edit the language phrases in the US English versions as changes I make in the UK version are ignored, as my store is defaulting to US English.

My commercial skin store and the default skin store both make the change from Zip Code to Postcode. BUT I re-worded the cookie compliance message for UK, my own wording shows in Admin, but the original wording still shows on the storefront. So it may be buggy. If you haven't already you need to submit a bug report. You can reference this thread there to help with the explanation.

Guest familychoice

My commercial skin store and the default skin store both make the change from Zip Code to Postcode. BUT I re-worded the cookie compliance message for UK, my own wording shows in Admin, but the original wording still shows on the storefront. So it may be buggy. If you haven't already you need to submit a bug report. You can reference this thread there to help with the explanation.

ok, thanks for checking.

Have we cleared the skin cache?

Cleared everything apart from the image cache and still no joy.

• 8 months later...

I have a clean install of v5.2 and the same issue, even though I have UK set as the default language and the others disabled.

It looks like the checkout page is ignoring the language preference.

Seeing Cell Phone and Zip Code will grate with most people so this needs changing.

There is a (buggy) fix ... go to the US language file and select the second grouping for Address phrases

Then change

Cell Phone -> Mobile

Zip Code -> Postcode

State -> County

Then go to maintenance and clear your language cache

You may find that "County" doesn't get accepted and keeps reverting to State. The workaround I used was to add a normal space character to the end of this so that the edit was "County "

What a pickle!

• 1 year later...

If it's the actual word, "County" to be the actual word "State," then we need to verify what your store is using as a default language. For the UK, the sub-national geo-political unit is the 'County' and for the US it is the 'State'.

If I may ask, where are you finding these words?

In admin, Languages, click the Edit icon of the store's default language. Then, choose 'Address' from the drop-down selector. Then, change the phrase for the key 'state'.

Hi

You are based in Australia but as there is no English (Australia) language pack you are probably using the UK version so changing that language phrase as Brian says is the simple way to solve that issue. You could change the store default language to English (USA) which would give you State instead of County but may also change other words as well.

The best way might be to create your own English (Australia) language pack

Ian