upgrade from 5.10 to 5.11 Error

Guest napoleao

Guest napoleao

Hello,

I would be thankfull if you could help me resolve this problem:

I was upgrading the store from 5.10 to 5.11 version and error message always appears

"The following errors were detected:

• Failed to download latest version. Please attempt manual upgrade."

thanks for all your help with this, Luisa

WhiteWillowStitching has already reported a similar bug, but in that case they get a blank screen. I auto updated our store that was originally a clean install v4, successively upgraded to 5.1.1 without any trouble. Were they clean install v5's? If not, what version was the original install?

Guest napoleao

Hello again,

I clean installed version 5.10 and now I have installed 5.11 in another file of the server and when I force the upgrade the same error occurrs.

I have downloaded version 5.10 from our CubeCart costumer dashboad and the 5.11 from the initial page of Cube Cart, in the costumers dashboard there are no version to download anymore.

thanks for your help with this matter, Luisa

I clean installed version 5.10 and now I have installed 5.11 in another file of the server and when I force the upgrade the same error occurrs.

I didn't upload the 5.1.1 folder onto my server at all. I just clicked on the new Update button and let it do everything for me. Did you extract the zip 5.1.1 on your server before you tried to do the auto update from Admin? I DO NOT even have a Setup folder after updating automatically.

Guest napoleao

Hello,

I did click on the update button, but then I got the error.

Then I extracted it and did the traditional setup. Nevertheless, the update button on the 5.11 is also having the same error, when I ask to force the update it says the 5.10:"The following errors were detected:

thanks

Dirty Butter is right. When I click upgrade the white screen is all I get until I click refresh and go back to the backup page and then not only will it show my backups but it will show the zip file to download and manually upgrade to 5.1.1. I admit I'm not in a rush so I haven't tried to upload it through ftp yet. Until a couple of weeks ago the backups didn't work for me either until Al and his team fixed the problem along with a few others for me. I'm down to only having one problem left, besides the upgrade issue,though no one has been able to fix it. One of these days they will get all the bugs worked out.

Jamie

This is the error I get also.

Hello,

I did click on the update button, but then I got the error.

Then I extracted it and did the traditional setup. Nevertheless, the update button on the 5.11 is also having the same error, when I ask to force the update it says the 5.10:"The following errors were detected:

thanks

Please contact your hosting provider and ask if allow_url_fopen is enabled in the php.ini file for your hosted account's installation of PHP. Without that, the function:

file_get_contents('http://www.cubecart.com/download/5.1.1/zip')

will not work.

For Devellion to use file_get_contents( url ), there are other issues that need to be considered, such as when a CubeCart installation sits behind certain firewalls.

• 3 weeks later...