Resolved - Location of 'thank you for your order' skin, box, t

Howdy... having trouble locating correct box, template location in order to edit/add to the message folks see when the complete checkout, either via the authorize.net or paypal payment method...

need to provide some "instructions" on what to do next for clients paying for services, once their payment is approved and the gateway returns them to CC5.

Had located this in the old CC4 skin mods we did, but can't seem to locate WHERE the heck that was ... to do the same for the newly upgraded shop.

This would be awesome store setup option to add, fyi, "checkout complete message for customer" to the store admin; but I have no prob editing skin, just can't find where that should go.

Any suggestion, pointer, would be very appreciated; thanks!

After processing a gateways response, and if the transaction is approved, CC5 sends the user to:

www.store.com?_a=complete

The CubeCart class handles most, if not all, actions associated with _a.

The code to complete an order is found in the CubeCart class private function _complete(). This code populates a skin template named content.receipt.php.

But content.receipt.php is just the template. True, you can add static code to the template. But a more versatile approach would be to add phrases to the basket group in the admin Languages editor, then use {$LANG.basket.new_phrase}. This way, being the appropriate way, also allows more than one language to be constructed.

True, you can add static code to the template. But a more versatile approach would be to add phrases to the basket group in the admin Languages editor, then use {$LANG.basket.new_phrase}. This way, being the appropriate way, also allows more than one language to be constructed.

There are several places that I have added static wording to our store pages. Could you give a step by step tutorial for DUMMIES on how to add such wording to each appropriate {$LANG.....} so they could be translated into other languages?

My bad. I thought I saw code that allows for the saving of new phrases to the database, to be used in conjunction with the existing collection of phrases. But it seems it is just importing a user-created language file. These extra language files overwrite (and actually add to) any phrase found in the default 'definitions.xml' file.

For an actual example of what I need to do somehow...

I've attached a screen shot (40kb jpg 50% of actual size)...

note the message between the status bar with order number,

and the customer billing info...

seems like there should be a "checkout complete" message hook someplace, or needs to be one.

In the meantime, we NEED to figure out how to add this..

either through a hack, hook, or plugin.

Any suggestions, help, etc. massively appreciated....

Most of our customers won't check their email for the link, and we have issues where one person in company uses card, then another person in that company provides the project info, post checkout....

we "must" have some kind of "what to do next ..." link there.

(help!) :-)

I did put in a support ticket on this, but we can't be the only folks running CC5, who need to print an on screen 'thank you for your order mr/mrs customer ... blah blah" message

I'm curious to know where that phrase came from, "Thank you for your order. We will review...."

In CC5's Languages editor, the closest I see is in the "Order State - Order statuses" group.

Again, the template, content.receipt.php, is populated by the CubeCart::_complete() function. You can find it at about line 1060.

I wondered that, too. I don't know of anything in my default skin or my commercial one that creates a Thank You type page - only the email. As for posting code --- there's a <> choice that allows code to be posted without messing it up. Look on the line that starts B I U ...

Hi, all... thanks for feedback...

think there was mis-communication.... the image I posted is a photoshop mockup of WHAT WE NEED TO DO. I have not been able to accomplish this, and hence what I'm trying to figure out HOW to do :-)

We need to be able to add that bit about "thank you for your order, mr customer; click here to continue..."

on the payment complete screen. It's NOT in the store now, hence my thread here on trying to figure out how to accomplish this.

However, there does not seem a place to do that - and any pointers would be geat. I've been scouring the code, but ... no luck so far.

I tried adding code to the if $CTRL_PAYMENT section, where I see the $LANG.basket.complete_payment variable (line 10) in skins/content.receipt.php - but no juice. Language files only seem to impact emails and messages in headings for sections/titles.

I should also note we only need this in English, as 99.9% of our business is U.S./Canada ONLY.

bsmither: I'm not sure which file you're referring to at line 1060 ? Most of the larger files I've opened only go up to about 800 lines, and stuff like the content.receipt.php file is 104 lines. (kurouto); are you talking about the 'rendered' page, or a template?

in the authorize.net / gateway.class.php file, we see this at line 186

if($status=='Approved') {

httpredir(currentPage(array('_g', 'type', 'cmd', 'module'), array('_a' => 'complete'

seems like in theory a redirect might be possible to a custom skin ... I dunno.... (argh!).

Need some breakfast ! :-)

Sorry about the ambiguity. "The template, content.receipt.php, is populated by the CubeCart::_complete() function. You can find it at about line 1060."

Line 1060 refers to the Cubecart class file, /classes/cubecart.call.php /classes/cubecart.class.php (This is for CC510.)

I have since learned that, astonishingly, as of CubeCart 510, there is no facility to simply add a new phrase to a group. (I think one has to create a properly formatted XML file and import it.)

So, to do it the not so simple way:

Open the file /language/definitions.xml for editing. Find the group basket. Keeping the lines in alphabetical order (not really necessary, though), add this:

<string name="customer_instructions"><![CDATA[Thank you for your order. We will review....]]></string>

Then, on the template where you want this to appear, place {$LANG.basket.customer_instructions}.

Then clear the skin and language caches. (If you were having issues with new code not showing, it was probably because the skin cache was not getting cleared. You can switch off caching until you are happy with the layout of your store: General Settings, Advanced, Performance, Enable Caching.)

Hope that works.

Hmmm. .... how strange, the /classes/ folder and /controllers/ folder didn't appear in my original site download/backup, and that was the local folder I was working in. In doing a NEW site download/backup, that folder is now there. Likely why I was pulling my hair out looking for some things and going... where is xyz? Doh.

Okay.... will try that.

I guess my other question had been where is the correct place in what template to actually put that.

But will presume to try this:

a) your instructions to edit /languages/definitions.xml

B) see if adding that to the spot in order receipt skin template content.receipt.php after what 'looks' like the right place, at the if

$CTRL_PAYMENT

section.

See if that works.

Note I have the cache 'off' in the admin panel for this whole process since the upgrade on July 4. However, didn't think to clear the caches from the maintenance page > rebuild.

On separate string of thought:

Is it just me, or is there no link in the admin panel back to the dashboard/overview shown at login, once you leave that screen? In my install there is no cubecart logo top left. I miss the old CC4 which had link to dashboard AND link to view storefront (opened new tab/window). Sigh.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP AND POINTERS :-)

I had CC4 happy and functional for the past 3 years or so with zero problems after this first bit of tricky stuff (I think the cubecart guys helped me add the text to the gateway templates, if memory serves... but no way to do that now, obviously...).

Will try your suggestion once I get another cup of coffee!

I don't know what payment gateway you are using, but I use the standard PayPal. There is a place ON PAYPAL where I had to provide the url of the return after payment. If your gateway asks for that kind of information it seems like there ought to be a way to create your Thank You page and use that to point to your Thank You screen. (Sounds possible, but I have no idea how it would be accomplished!)

If you haven't already you should ask for help with this in the 3rd party forum, since it's obviously more involved than the core product. Please let us know when and how you get this resolved so I can rename this thread.

Hi, dirtybutter ... we use authorize.net as our primary payment gateway, and then offer paypal as an 'alternative' method.

I have a paid support ticket in with the cubecart folks, so will see what they say. You'd think at very least we'd be able to add something in the spot where it says 'print receipt' at bottom... but an option to print a custom message on checkout complete screen seems like a standard requirement for ANY ecom system.

But, I'm going to go ahead and try bsmithers' suggestion, and if that works, then I can go relax today. If it doesn't I'll wait to hear from CC folks, THEN go to third party forum to see about a custom plugin.

Still, seems like it would be nice to have as built-in function, since it's nice to give your customers a friendly thank you of some kind since they just gave you money. :-)

Hey everybody ... got it!

in my skins/content.receipt.php ...

Mistake I was making was putting the text inside the if $CTRL_PAYMENT loop.

The simple fix was to put the text I needed AFTER the loop, following the {/if} - not inside the loop. Duh.

So, was able to simply put in a div with my text where I needed it. I also added an additional snippet of customer help info after the print receipt link around line 94; gave it a font=+1 to make it pop and put a &raquo; in front of the print link. Now hard to miss.

WHEW! Hopefully this thread will help somebody else trying to do this.

SO, to repeat:

in the folder

store/skins/kurouto/templates/content.receipt.php

line 10 is the statement that puts the header for the order number and text from language file (I changed mine from 'Processing' to 'Order Complete' in the CC admin).

On line 13, I added comment to start custom text, then simply put in a div with padding of 15, and my text. Works.

At line 94 in the same file is the "Print Receipt" text at bottom of checkout page; and one could also put message to customer there if presuming customers don't (ahem) read instructions properly.

Thanks again to all. Knew it had to be in there someplace, and my bad for not trying to insert the text after the header loop, presuming that was the "if successful print this" section.

Under the row of tabs on every admin screen is a short grey bar that stretches all the way across.

In this grey bar you will find a link to the Dashboard (on the left), a link to the on-line Help page for the screen you are looking at, and a link to the storefront (on the right).