Cannot Select Digital Files for Product

NARD

Ref: CC5.1.1

Digital download files stored in the default directory /files (no custom path)

No errors in the maintenance logs

My first experiments with digital downloads:

The entire process appears to work except on the product page, under the 'Digital' tab, I click on the desired file; the 'X' becomes a green check mark; but after saving & rechecking, all the files in the download list are again unchecked.

I can go through the process of purchasing the digital item, but nothing downloads after clicking on the download icon on my front-end account page (I believe because no file was truly associated with the product).

I checked other digital download problems shown in this forum and see none that are similar to this.

Can someone tell me what is wrong - Why can I not select a file?

NARD

I can't help, as we don't sell digital products. But I did try to set up one just to see what happens.

On my 5.1.1 store using a CC skin I uploaded a large .png file and a small .jpg file. The png shows in the File Manager, but not in the files directory. The jpg file does show in files.

When I added the jpg as a digital download to a product the icon on the Products list shows it's a digital download product.

But after going through the purchase process, setting it as paid, there is no sign that a download is available. The email implied there was a download by saying if I had ordered any physical products they would be delivered shortly. But there was no link to the download in the email, or in the customer's account page for downloads.

I can't help, as we don't sell digital products. But I did try to set up one just to see what happens.

On my 5.1.1 store using a CC skin I uploaded a large .png file and a small .jpg file. The png shows in the File Manager, but not in the files directory. The jpg file does show in files.

When I added the jpg as a digital download to a product the icon on the Products list shows it's a digital download product.

But after going through the purchase process, setting it as paid, there is no sign that a download is available. The email implied there was a download by saying if I had ordered any physical products they would be delivered shortly. But there was no link to the download in the email, or in the customer's account page for downloads.

Thank you for doing your experiment - you appeared to have different result than I.

Question: were you able to select one of you files within the product page? As i mentioned, a file selected in my attempt would not show selected after a 'Save' - that's why I believe nothing actually downloaded after clicking on the 'Download' icon in the 'My Downloads' page.

I was able to select the jpg download from the admin product page Filemanager box as expected. I did get the green check. But there was nothing about a download on the listing - trouble is I don't know what one should look like. I'll retest to see if the green check remains after save.