Ben224

Hi,

V5.1.1

I logged onto my site this morning and the page was a complete mess. My main.php has decided not to load for some reason. I really don't get it as I haven't touched anything remotely associated with the core files since last viewing the site a couple of hours before. Very frustrating.

My site is unusable at the moment and I have the following system error. Can anyone offer a solution to this?

[Exception] /public_html/includes/lib/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php:127 - Unable to load template file 'templates/main.php'

Thanks in advance.

If using IE9, make sure the little blue "compatibilty" icon is not enabled. IE9 in compatiblity mode messes up the admin, but it still loads. So, the other thing to do is totally clear your browser cache, cookies, history, temp files. Stupid as it sounds, that has helped me with this kind of "why did it work an hour ago and not now." Might not help, but can't hurt!

Hey thanks for the reply. I did try all of those step earlier but nothing fixed the issue. Eventually I uploaded a backup that I had made of my skin files the day before which resolved the problem. I really dont know what the issue was so apologies if you are reading this in the hope of finding a fix. I guess its just a bug thing?