Upgraded to 5.1.2 but problems with changes **RESOLVED**

*** THIS ISSUE HAS BEEN RESOLVED JUMP TO FIX ***

I upgraded my store from 5.1.1 to 5.1.2 by hand because the automatic upgrade still did not work.

I uploaded all files and ran the setup (upgrade).

EEVerything seems to work, but I had switched my store to offline before upgrade and now I can't put it online again.

When trying to change setting I get a blank page .....

What is going on?

Edited by Al

This probably concerns one of the bug fixes. Check this out and maybe you can see where the problem is in 5.1.2. Also, please report this on the bug tracker.

This is what was supposed to be changed from 5.1.1 to 5.1.2.

In the file incudes/functions.inc.php, near line 644, change:

$offlineContent = stripslashes(base64_decode($GLOBALS['config']->get('config', 'offline_content')));

to

$offlineContent = stripslashes($GLOBALS['config']->get('config', 'offline_content'));

well, just did the upgrade to 5.1.2 ... suddenly lots of issues.

It seemed to stop working on the last step of the upgrade when the screen just went blank.

Store front is up and running but issues in admin.

I tried to run the setup folder again but the screen is just a blank at that address now. Can you only run this script once?

Seeing the changes in admin, the store has obviously been upgraded to 5.1.2 but the error log is still telling me I am still running 5.0.9.

Dashboard in admin gives a blank page.

Maintenance gives a blank page.

Looks like i need to raise a ticket .

5.1.2.2 Is the latest release. I have upgraded a couple of stores successfully today with it. We'll take a look and see. A blank page is normally a fatal error. If you open the classes/debug.class.php file and refresh the page you may get an error message in screen to work from.

Let's be clear -- the suggestion was not to have your browser call the php script directly. (Doing so will have the server send nothing back.)

If you can, within the admin Store Settings screen, Advanced tab, enable Debugging (in the Performance group).

I am investigating this now. It is having a fatal error on the select function of the database object. Crazy because its working elsewhere.

If you bought support credits specifically for this issue or used a support credit to raise the ticket we will refund either for you once resolved.

I won't be leaving the office until this issue us resolved. It's due to rebuildLogos being a static function when it shouldn't be. I have resolved that but it has bounced on to a new error that is driving me insane. I'll have a fix soon. I expect this issue affects certain PHP versions only.

Al,

I tried to upgrade to 5.1.2.2 but get following error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 503088305 bytes) in /home/draaishop/domains/draaiorgelshop.nl/public_html/cc5/admin/sources/maintenance.index.inc.php on line 193

Guest john323232

It's absurd..how can call an "upgrade" what in reality block my work. I upgrade what if i don't amdmin my order...this patch (wronged) may be called downgrade.

So where is the patch if my cart don't work well? I need a ticket but for ticket i need money..this sounds how very very poor system to make money..

I want see the cubecart group in face so i will know what i can say to them. very absurd and not at all serious.

Interesting.

Would you do an experiment? Edit the file gui.class.php and make these changes...

(I don't have 5.1.2.2 as yet, and the line numbers may be a bit off from versions 5.1.2.0 vs 5.1.2.2)

Near line 585:

TO: // $default_gui = new GUI();

Near line 602:

FIND: $logo_config[$skin.$style] = $target;

THEN 2 lines up:

FROM: $target = $default_gui->_getLogoDefault($skin, $style);

TO: $target = $this->_getLogoDefault($skin, $style);

Near line 615:

FIND: $logo_config[$skin] = $target;

THEN 2 lines up:

TO: $target = $this_getLogoDefault($skin);

Near line 626:

FROM: $default_gui = new GUI(); // redeclared intentionally

TO: // $default_gui = new GUI(); // redeclared intentionally

Next line:

TO: $target = $this->getLogo();

EDIT: Well, OK, I see that 5.1.2.2 is exactly what I suggested above. So, disregard this if running 5.1.2.2.