Install page shows only 'install' option no 'upgrade'

irori

Hello,

I have just uploaded all my files and have proceeded to the setup page only to find I have only the 'fresh install' option and no 'upgrade' option. If anyone can help me that would be fantastic as I do not want to loose all my products etc from my old store.

:)

The new files have uploaded into my 'shop' folder (the name of my old cubecart directory) with the old includes, images and language folders underneath the 'new' 'cubecart-5.5.2.2' folder.

The includes/ini.inc.php and includes/global.inc.php are in the old folders where I left them and are missing in the new 'cubecart-5.5.2.2' folder.

Does this mean the old files were not overwritten and this is causing the problem ?

Where is the 'cubecart-5.5.2.2' folder in relation to the 'shop' folder?

Could you give us an illustration of how the folders are setup, such as:

public_html

+-shop

+-cubecart-5.5.2.2

which shows shop and cubecart side-by-side

or

public_html

+-shop

...+-cubecart-5.5.2.2

which shows cubecart is within shop

OK, so the uploaded CC5 package went in Cubecart-5.1.2.2, which is a subdirectory of shop.

As well as CC3's folders of images, includes, and language are subdirectories of shop.

I think that's not going to work. (You have a backup of your existing store and database??? Yes?)

This is how I think this all should be placed: the contents of the CC5 package gets uploaded directly into shop, allowing CC5 files to overwrite whatever files and folders it wants to. Then the setup installer will see CC3's includes folder where it is expected to be.

I really thought I did upload it directly into 'shop' :(

How do I check that I am uploading directly into it? I dont want to accidentally upload it into public_html....

Do I delete the current upload and begin again?

There is a very, very common mistake made. You're not the first and most assuredly won't be the last.

There is a difference in uploading the folder 'CubeCart' into 'shop' versus uploading the contents of the folder Cubecart into 'shop'.

So, please delete the folder 'Cubecart_5.1.2.2' from your site. Then on your computer, from within the Cubecart_5.1.2.2 folder, transfer all its contents to 'shop'.

There is a very, very common mistake made. You're not the first and most assuredly won't be the last.

There is a difference in uploading the folder 'CubeCart' into 'shop' versus uploading the contents of the folder Cubecart into 'shop'.

So, please delete the folder 'Cubecart_5.1.2.2' from your site. Then on your computer, from within the Cubecart_5.1.2.2 folder, transfer all its contents to 'shop'.

I have got it! but not before I made another mistake! (not a good night)

I first uploaded everything into 'html_ftp' by mistake!!! arghhh! as I have no idea what was in this folder before I have no idea what i have changed and if i can just delete all the cubecart files out of html_ftp or if I need to restore anything?