Resolved - Error : Fail to connect to Licensing server to validate cop

Guest Nickc

Guest Nickc

Hi,

I am a newbie work with a shopping cart. I have purchase "CubeCart Pro Software License Key" work really well on my store with cubecart V5 in passed few months until this is first error come out to my store with "Fail to connect to Licensing server to validate copyright removal". My store is all dead and I am not sure what is it ? can any one help me on it ?

Best Regards

Guest Nickc

This is also a warning message said Your store is not up-to-date, v5.1.2.2 is available but you are running V5.1.2 (update now). I have ever update by my own and do I need to update? Is this cause a problem on "Fail to connect to Licensing server to validate copyright removal"?

my website : http://www.so-mart.net/store

No, you should not lose existing data to upgrade from one v5 version to another. BUT you should ALWAYS backup the database AND make a copy of ALL your store files via FTP before any upgrade/update. I always make the database backup from cpanel itself, rather than from CC.

You never know what could go wrong during the upgrade process, so it's always wise to be ready to go back to the previous version if necessary.

Guest Nickc

Thanks for all information and one more question is that any concern if I am backup and upgrade with installatron. It is also what store files that I need to copy via FTP?

Homar - Sorry I am just a newbie and can you give me a contact of Cubecart support and I will go for it if I have further questions.

Open your FTP program and click on either public_html or www. Copy everything to your hard drive that you see after public_html opens UNLESS your store is in a subfolder. If your store is in a subfolder, click on the folder with your store name on it, and then copy everything.

My store is in a subfolder, so my store url is dirtybutter.com/plushcatalog - So I would click on public_html and then the plushcatalog folder - then download everything from there.

If my store was at dirtybutter.com I would click on public_html and then download everything.