Editing the homepage

Steaming North

Hello Steaming North!

Yes, it's 'hidden'. Go to Documents (under the File Manager group). There, you will see a basic list of 'stock' documents. Click the Create Document tab. (There will be three new tabs come up.)

Start filling out the form on each of the three tabs. Click Save.

Go back to the list of documents. One of the columns is shown to be 'Homepage'. Click the radio button here to make this document the Homepage of which you are asking about.

Sorry, I do not have an answer to whether CC5 should have seen and 'taken' the earlier version's homepage file into this system.

I'm not totally sure I understand which text you mean, but I'm guessing you mean whatever you want to show in the middle above your products. If that's what you have in mind, go to Admin/File Manager/Documents. There should be a default Homepage Document there that you can edit.

Hmmm.... that's twice this morning that I've posted and found someone "beat me to it". I thought I remembered that this forum gave a warning message if someone had posted while I was composing an answer.

Guest Viola

Thanks guys. What a backwards way of doing it! CC3 was much easier with regards to this!

Not sure if sarcasm.

I always thought CC3's method of having the homepage completely separate from the other site docs, and not even stored in the database, was just.... weird.