Resolved - CCV5 email templates

irori

Hi Everyone,

I am totally confused as to how the email templates are meant to work.

I have disabled the default emails templates and made 3 of my own for confirmation of payment, order shipped and order received.

When I try to enable them only the first one I created - 'confirmation of payment' remains enabled and the other two remain disabled no matter what I do.

My next question is where to I configure where and when these emails are sent? I would like them to go out automatically (though the order shipped email cannot be an auto email, I would need to manually send this)

And finally can I test them somehow to see how they come out?

:dizzy:

Thanks in advance!

I edited the existing emails. Perhaps that would be easier, as the trigger for sending at the appropriate times will already work. If that won't work for your needs, hopefully someone will be along who can help you soon.

I tried that first, but each time I saved one it would revert back to what it had been originally, I tried it several times and for different templates...frustrating!

At risk of sounding like a complete idiot....how did you edit the email templates. For some reason I cannot edit them, and I am not sure what I am doing wrong...

There are three tabs EMAIL CONTENTS / EMAIL TEMPLATEs / IMPORT

When I try to edit them by choosing a individual one from 'email contents' list and going into the 'html' tab it will not save anything I edit there for any of them.

When I go into the 'email template' tab and choose 'default emails' there is only one template but one that I CAN edit.

Any help much appreciated....

The tab that says EMAIL TEMPLATES/Default emails controls the part that shows on ALL your emails. It HAS to have {$EMAIL_CONTENT} in the body or nothing shows in any of the emails you send/get.

I just tested with 5.1.3 and I can change my Email Contents emails, such as Cart:Order Complete, and save the change.

Thanks Dirty Butter,

I did not realise I had to click on each flag to edit the emails.

I had assumed I had to click on the 'green +' button on the right and when I tried to edit each one there of course it was not working.

The little tiny 'help' button was fantastic once I realised it was there! :)

Thank you :)

Ok so I have edited all my email templates and I am happy with them. When customers order though they are not receiving any email verification of either order or payment except directly from PayPal. Why are my store emails not working?

Since you've fiddled with the files, maybe something got lost along the way.

What do you have in your Email Templates/default emails/HTML Content and Plain Text Content? Copy the Source code of those two emails here.

html content of 'payment received' email template

{$EMAIL_CONTENT}

{$DATA.store_name}

Hello {$DATA.first_name},

Thank you for supporting Peaceful Silkworms.

We have received a payment of {$DATA.total} for order number {$DATA.cart_order_id}.

Kind Regards

Kiersten @ Peaceful Silkworms

www.peacefulsilkworms.com.au

{$DATA.storeURL}

plain text version

{$EMAIL_CONTENT}

{$DATA.store_name}

Hello {$DATA.first_name},

Thank you for supporting Peaceful Silkworms.

We have received a payment of {$DATA.total} for order number {$DATA.cart_order_id}.

Kind Regards

Kiersten @ Peaceful Silkworms

www.peacefulsilkworms.com.au

{$DATA.storeURL}

In the HTML Contents of the Default Emails - this is all I have below the logo

{$EMAIL_CONTENT}

We appreciate your business,

Rosemary

{$DATA.storeName}

{$DATA.storeURL}

What you have goes in EACH of the various types of emails, such as Cart: Ordered Cancelled

What goes in each of the emails with the flag on it is what will then be plugged into {$EMAIL_CONTENT}.

In the HTML Contents of the Default Emails - this is all I have below the logo

{$EMAIL_CONTENT}

We appreciate your business,

Rosemary

{$DATA.storeName}

{$DATA.storeURL}

What you have goes in EACH of the various types of emails, such as Cart: Ordered Cancelled

What goes in each of the emails with the flag on it is what will then be plugged into {$EMAIL_CONTENT}.

Does that mean that the emails will double up with two sets of 'kind regards' for example? and so under the flags I should leave the greetings out so to speak and just include content?

And do I need then to have the 'default email' green ticked? at present I do not have any of them ticked they are all crossed red.

Do I also need to leave the html section blank if I only want plain text to show?

Does that mean that the emails will double up with two sets of 'kind regards' for example? and so under the flags I should leave the greetings out so to speak and just include content?

Yes

And do I need then to have the 'default email' green ticked? at present I do not have any of them ticked they are all crossed red.

Yes

Do I also need to leave the html section blank if I only want plain text to show?

I don't know.

• 2 weeks later...

I just want to edit the email the customer gets when he/she places a order.

I want to add in that email.

"Orders can take 2-3 weeks processing depending if what you ordered is in stock"

Can i do this in the admin panel? or is this something i have to edit in the FTP?

If its in the admin panel under email. what email do i edit?

• 3 weeks later...