PDF Manuals to Download - Suggestions

JoeJ

Hi Guys,

I need some suggestions as to a simple way of applying some pdf files to certain products. I have many pdf format manuals and exploded views for our customers to download as and when they need, I need to associate these files with certain products so that they can be downloaded, is there an easy way to do this?

It would be nice to have something similar to the Manufacturers link per product so that I can have a pdf download file attached to that link??

Any ideas would be great..

• 1 month later...

I'm not just quite ready to look into what I think you are asking for in this post, but I see that you reported a bug about an issue that was supposedly fixed.

Can you refresh our understanding of the difficulty which prompted you to add a comment to the bug report?

(Maybe we can work on having download links in the View Product page over at www.cubecartforums.org.)

Wouldn't it work to just add a link to the PDF file in the product description? Or is it more complicated - do customers need to purchase a product before they can download the manual for it? If that's the case you're probably in mod territory; something that makes a product able to have both physical and digital components.