Print order receipt link no longer works 5.1.3

SimChris

Hi, just updated and ran into couple of client problems

1) client got error saying their ship to wasn't in a supported country; so I am using authorize.net as default and paypal as optional. I went in an resaved the allowed countries for US. Was able to place order no problem; haven't seen order from client yet.

2) when I completed checkout I clicked link to print receipt, got blank screen. Previously with 5.1.1. this worked.

With blank screens, we really need you to have access to an error_log.

But some basic questions:

Does any of your items, categories, Store address, Customer address, etc, have any non-alphanumeric character? Especially:

quotes, apostrophes, angles (< >), ampersands

Please look a the (blank) page source to determine if anything was received.

Thanks. Happy to help with the free debugging of the software I've paid for. Always fun to waste my time on fixing things that work in on one version, then break on the update. Hopefully we'll get a fully functional version at some point.

Since we generate millions of page views per month, it's a little time consuming to check error logs, hence not first thing to do when a new bug is found in the application.

When I have time I'll go through and spend my time again on placing an order to get to the print receipt link, then have to see what if anything is in the source; then will have to go in and void the order, clear the pending item in the gateway, etc. (sigh).

Will update when I can, since there is not a currently known fix for this issue, apparently.

Frustrated. Waited for 5.1.1 to upgrade from 4x. Still buggy. Annoying, but will keep at it.

Also dealing with an Amazon EC2 customer in their cloud system who has been actively trying to hack our server from no less than 10 different IPs in the EC2 system.

Day off? what's that?

"Life is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so." -- Douglas Adams

THANK YOU for your help and feedback; sorry to be a di*k about it today.

No - none of the items have high ascii characters, as we avoid any odd naming conventions for all things.

But will check that just to double check.

Would presume the store would convert any high ASCII elements to proper escaped elements such as a customer name J'ai ... where the ' would convert to an ASCII element.

UPDATED:

(un-related to testing the print button working .... related to elements in customer fields )

note I did check one client whose first name is J'ai and just for laughs tried to update client (changed newsletter no to newsletter yes, retyped the name J'ai ...);

got: ERROR unable to update client.

Noticed in the title (we use as salutation), she has "Mrs." ... changed to "Mrs" and resaved : success.

So, looks like the "title" field may have issue with periods, which could be problematic with "Mr." or "Ph.d" or "Dr." .... so possible "bug" there.

Wil resubmit request for access to bug track again. Never heard back on original request from last month.

Chris

also, looks like store properly fixes normal ASCII entities in product names/titles:

I just changed something like this:

4-States Plan

4&#45;States Plan

and the store shows the

4-States Plan

when opening product again to view.

Similarly the ASCII entity for /

So, we do use

-

/

:

$

in some of the product names, but looks like it escapes them fine. We never use " or < > ' - and for & we would likely do &amp; to properly escape that. But I'm a big believer in using the word "and" over & anyway. ;-)

Ha.. of course, unrelated to that I installed the Goober related products thing, and that plugin generates some errors when updating some products

File: [admin.product.save.post_process.php(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code] Line: [20] "UPDATE `CubeCart_GWorks_Product_Accessories` SET `id` = '1',`accessory_price` = '239.99' ;" - Duplicate entry '1' for key 1

Sheesh.

RESOLVED (apparently).

I only tried to do one test order, but it seems to work now.

What I did:

a ) cleared all cache stuff under dashboard > maintenance

b ) then ran "repair" vs "optimize" on the database, for ALL tables

placed new test order under my own test account, same one that wouldn't print yesterday, but for different item. No trouble printing receipt.

However, as time permits will re-test with multiple items; multiple quanties on some.

For the moment at least, I was able to print and see the printable template on screen.

WHEW!