Automatic Email facility not working

irori

Hi Everyone,

My automatic emails are not working it seems. Is there something that could be preventing them working?

I have edited the email templates and they should be fine to go.

Any help much appreciated !

I thought I saw you mention that your customers are not receiving emails. True? Or is it just you as an admin?

If it's just you, be sure you have the "Notify" checked green in your Administrator's profile.

If it's no emails at all, then tell us how you have the mail settings set (Store Settings, General tab).

If it's PHP mail() function, then consult your hosting provider for any info they may be able to give.

If it's SMTP, who are you sending it through?

I am receiving the admin order notification when a customer orders.

Customers are receiving no email notification at all from the store when they order and pay (they receive only a confirmation from PayPal.)

Notify is checked green in my admin profile.

I checked my PHP and it must be working or I would not be getting the admin order notifications. (?)

Apparently the 'order received' email is working. I just had a thought....would the 'payment completed' email not be working because my customers are using PayPal to pay? I would have thought that once they were directed back to the cart to verify the paypal payment that cubecart should send them a payment confirmation? Can anyone please help with this?

Our customers use PP and they get the email, so that's not it. Check the Transaction log for an order and see what it says. Should be something like this

Payment successful.

Address: confirmed

Payer Status: unverified

Under the transaction log, I have for each customer

order number, total, gateway, date

When I click on the order number I get

transaction id, status, amount, gateway, date, notes

Nothing like what you wrote above (?) Am I potentially looking in the wrong place? I cannot find this information anywhere?

I am also getting up to 3 order notifications for each order. The first notifiication always has no information in the 'fields' for customer name and address/s only information on the item being ordered. Then the next notification has all the customer information in it. Then sometimes up to 3 (exact) complete notifications arrive in my inbox. Could this be because the customer is using the back button a number of times?

I don't know why you don't have anything there. Please refresh my memory - this is a clean install of your first store, right? If so, I suspect the problem is in your PayPal site setup concerning the page that PayPal sends the return info back to CC, but I'm just guessing.

I don't know why you don't have anything there. Please refresh my memory - this is a clean install of your first store, right? If so, I suspect the problem is in your PayPal site setup concerning the page that PayPal sends the return info back to CC, but I'm just guessing.

No its an upgrade. Maybe I should just contact cubecart directly......

No its an upgrade. Maybe I should just contact cubecart directly......I am using only paypal express checkout...

Sorry, so many different stories get me very confused. Just because I can't help doesn't mean someone else can't. The most knowledgeable visitors on this forum have been so occupied with the JQuery problems on 5.1.3 that they may not have even looked at this issue yet.

Should I repost my issue or just wait on an answer to this thread?

This is not the only issue I am having, I also find it very difficult to edit order inventories (i can sometimes add more items to an order sometimes it does not work) and the facility to delete items off a customers inventory does not work at all (the trash button) and this is causing me a lot of difficulty :(

There's a new upgrade today. Since you're having so many issues maybe it would be a good idea to backup your database and all your store files and try the upgrade to 5.1.4. I've just done that on our test store, but I haven't had time to see what works and what doesn't. Will report when I can.

That's why the File Difference report is posted. Unless your customizing involves files that have been upgraded you won't see any cosmetic change. If some of your files were changed you can manually add in your changes to the new file by comparing the old and the new version in the Difference report. This is a common practice, as relatively few people run totally stock stores.

That's why the File Difference report is posted. Unless your customizing involves files that have been upgraded you won't see any cosmetic change. If some of your files were changed you can manually add in your changes to the new file by comparing the old and the new version in the Difference report. This is a common practice, as relatively few people run totally stock stores.

Where do I find the File Difference Report? I put in a support ticket and was also told to upgrade.

Normally Al includes a link to the most recent upgrade step File Difference Report in the Announcement of the new version. I'm learning how to make one, so I've been posting one that I've pinned at the top of the Installation and Upgrade section. Since so many wait for a bit before upgrading to see if any major bugs shake out with each new addition, I currently have a 5.1.1 to 5.1.4 Difference file pinned, but there's a 5.1.1 to 5.1.3 and some earlier ones available if you search for File Difference.

Just as a personal suggestion - I try to keep an accurate list of what file changes I have made when I tweak my own files, so I know what to add back in if needed when it's time to update.