"sort by" on category pages not working

Guest AlanGalbraith

Guest AlanGalbraith

Worked in version 5.1.2... installed version 5.1.3 and now it doesnt work. Have tried it on different computers and with different browsers on those different computers. No joy.

give it shot here and let me know if it works for any of ya'll...

http://backyardvolcano.com/store/patches.html

I can confirm that my 5.1.3 upgrade will not sort from the front page Category page of items, either. The Category filter on the Admin Products page also simply sits there and does nothing.

It WILL sort from the front page Advanced Search, however. Maybe that will help you find the problem, Bsmither.

Guest AlanGalbraith

the sort on my admin control panel... Dashboard>Products>Product Inventory... clicking on the up/down arrows to sort by product code, price and such works...

but the changing the "Filter" drop down menu on the upper right produces no change in the listings.

The Filter is not a sort. The Product Inventory filter simply sends a page request (rather, it is supposed to) that asks for a list of all products that fall under the chosen category's category_id. The list returned is supposed to be only those products assigned to the selected category as their primary category. (But that seems to be broken as well. Products not assigned to some chosen categories, as their primary category, still appear in the list.)

I don't think I can properly fix the filter as I believe this to be a jQuery issue. If you really need this filter function, download jQuery 1.7.x, put it in the /js folder, and edit admin template main.php to use it directly. That's what I did for the non-minified version of v1.8.0 (doing so was not intended to fix this).

I think I can suggest a fix for products showing in the list even when not assigned to the category chosen in the filter.

I implemented a work-around for the filter issue - annoying - but gets the job done. The work-around is:

In the file admin.js, near line 145:

Change: $('#cat_subset').change(function() {

To: $('#cat_subset').blur(function() {

The consequence of this is that when you choose your category to filter for, you must then click anywhere else on the page.

Hi, I just upgraded my store from 4.7 to v5 and notice that none of the drop down menus on category's don't work for me either. I have also noticed that, let's say you are checking out, and on the drop down menu when entering any country zone, the second drop down menu that's supposed to give you the states for said country that you picked, does not work either. So I assume that anything that has to do with any drop down menus thru out the site won't work.

If you are so inclined, please do this:

Download jQuery 1.72 (right-click the link below and select Save Link As):

http://code.jquery.c...ry-1.7.2.min.js

Put this file in the CubeCart folder /js naming it jquery.min.js

Open the file /admin/skins/default/templates/main.php for editing, and near the bottom, find:

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://ajax.googlea...1/jquery.min.js"></script>

Change to:

<script type="text/javascript" src="{$STORE_URL}/js/jquery.min.js"></script>

Do the same for the file /js/common.html

Revert back if anything funny happens.

@AlanGalbraith, the reason why it may have worked for you in CC512 (actually, the version doesn't matter) is because when you first ran it, the browser called for a couple of jQuery files from googleapis. Your browser cached those files. Probably at that time, the latest version at that site was 1.7.2, but since CC513, you may have cleared your browser cache and thus had to fetch the new latest version, 1.8.0 - which I think has a problem.

Hi, Thank you very much bsmither, it worked like a charm. But I just noticed that my admin control panel won't show nothing besides the left panel links. I can get in, but it just shows a searching bar right in the box and section that's suppose to show the info in. Any ideas please?

Thank you once again!

Guest AlanGalbraith

@AlanGalbraith, the reason why it may have worked for you in CC512 (actually, the version doesn't matter) is because when you first ran it, the browser called for a couple of jQuery files from googleapis. Your browser cached those files. Probably at that time, the latest version at that site was 1.7.2, but since CC513, you may have cleared your browser cache and thus had to fetch the new latest version, 1.8.0 - which I think has a problem.

ahhh... I see. Yes I have cleared my cache several times since... when I was dealing with other issues.

bsmither - does your fix in post 8 and 10 fix the admin page filter? or the storefront category page sort? or both?

I do get the Sales Statistics chart on the dashboard. Interesting as the blame for that has been on the version of the Flash viewer installed in the browser.

In the meantime, now that you are successfully logged in, go click on a link in the nav stack on the left. Or put this in your browser: http://site.com/admin.php?_g=settings

I've scanned through all the javascript files and the (so I believe) malfunctioning 'change' method affects country/state/county selectors, language and currency selectors, adding products to add/edit orders, and a few other things.

If you get a prior version of jQuery as mentioned in post #10, you don't want to do the edit mentioned in post #8.

Well guy's I really wish you all the best of luck with all these issues facing the V5. I just restored back to V4. I don't think that this V5 will ever be right as an upgrade, maybe a clean install, but not as an upgrade. I just give up, so many intense hours of fixing one thing, then to find something else broken. lol... It's like there's never an ending to the V5 issue's, maybe this V5 script was not really ready to put in live action, who knows. The bad part of it, it's not an easy task for someone like me who has thousands of products to start from scratch and maybe get lucky enough to get a good run out of V5 since even people with fresh start always seems to have some type of problem as well. I have been, and am a supporter of CC for so many years now, but I have to admit, that sometimes I just feel like running away to another shoppingcart script and all this mess.

Guest JJSmith

I'm with you themixtapechannel,

I am running 5 CC stores on the trial offer. With all the constant problems with CubeCart, I really need to find another resource for these stores before I need to put out over $1000 to buy this problematic product.

Most all the Admin issues at this point are from changes in jQuery 1.8 over 1.7. But I would NOT download jQuery to your site, that completely eliminates the benefit of pulling it from Google. Just change the line in the /js/common.html file to this:

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.2/jquery.min.js"></script>

Then restart your browser to be sure you get the replacement version.

:w00t:

Guest AlanGalbraith

[ooppss never mind... edit.. figured it out.

thanks for the fix. This works..... for the store front end "Sort By"... but it doesnt seem to do anything for the Admin Filter.

The Filter is not a sort. The Product Inventory filter simply sends a page request (rather, it is supposed to) that asks for a list of all products that fall under the chosen category's category_id. The list returned is supposed to be only those products assigned to the selected category as their primary category. (But that seems to be broken as well. Products not assigned to some chosen categories, as their primary category, still appear in the list.)

Thanks for your fix on the drop down menu filter. Works a treat as far as I can see.

I don't know whether I'm going daft here, but I can see how to change the order the products within a category appear using the product code etc, but is it possible to sort them how I want them? We have a number of products which need to be listed in size order and I can't figure out how to do it.

@Steaming North

I don't know whether I'm going daft here, but I can see how to change the order the products within a category appear using the product code etc, but is it possible to sort them how I want them? We have a number of products which need to be listed in size order and I can't figure out how to do it.

Please break this off into a new topic.

hey all...

just a note about best practices for SEO, site loading and all that.

In an "optimum" situation, once the system works properly, the current "web 3.0 / HTML5 / nextgen" think on loading jquery from Google is to actually do a if/then query to Google where if the code doesn't load due to problem with Google, it will fall back to loading the .js locally. Sometimes if your page is slow to load, it's waiting for Google ...(folks who run Adsense or similar know of what I speak...).

<!-- Grab Google CDN's jQuery. fall back to local if necessary -->

<script src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4.2/jquery.min.js"></script>

<script>!window.jQuery && document.write('<script src="js/jquery-1.4.2.min.js"><\/script>')</script>

sorry... this may not be relevant to the issue of problems with sortation, javascript ,etc.