Resolved - Unable to login with 'cache' error

SimChris

Hello - as of this afternoon, I cannot login, white screen of nothing;

and clients trying to add stuff to cart get redirect back to home page.

Will try to apply the java fix, but this is so bad, it's really painful.

Wishing now we'd stuck with the 'end of life' 4x version... (sigh)

C

have no idea how permissions got reset ... but folders were all pretty much 'un-writable' ...

I had to use the setup program to "reset" the folders by running the upgrade, and going through for it to show all appropriate folders were writable;

then had to force reinstall my key, by making the key file writable (!). Managed to get back in, and back up and running.

I *think* this issue had something to do with Plesk trying to install sub-domain into the root httpdocs domain as hidden sub folder, vs putting outside of public root into the /subdomains/ directory.

I have to say, Plesk/Parallels has been a bundle of fun lately also. (WAAHHHHH!).

The java fix seemed to help with stuff like the "sortation" on category pages, thanks!

You can make this topic resolved -- or remove it entirely unless you want to make a "warning" about trying to install sub-domain resetting permissions on php scripts in the public root. Didn't impact my cgi-scripts, but seems to have whacked some php stuff like cubecart. (SIGH.)