Checkout problems

Guest thecanfool

Guest thecanfool

I've had 2 orders today. One with billing and shipping address being the same went fine. On the second order the customer entered a seperate delivery address and was unable to complete the order. Looking at his account I noticed that there are two shipping addresses. One is the same as billing and the other is the shipping address he entered. Just a guess but seems like cc5.1.3 is creating a default shipping based on the billing address and when the customer entered a seperate shipping address it should have overwritten the default one but didn't resulting in two shipping addresses. Anyone else had a similar issue?

I have a test 5.1.3 account I use, and I have 4 different addresses on file with it. Only the initial set was marked with default, but one of the other addresses was easily changed just now to the default delivery address from the front end Account, and it immediately changed the Admin side info to show the green check on the correct mailing address. So - it doesn't overwrite - it adds the additional address to the Customer records and marks it as the default mailing address.

BUT, that was editing a customer that already existed before updating to 5.1.3. I suspect the creation of a NEW customer in 5.1.3 has a basic flaw of some kind in the saving of data. Signing off for the night, but I'll test some more on this tomorrow.

Guest thecanfool

After much experimenting with test purchases I've determined that if a customer is registered or chooses to create an account during checkout they get this error during checkout

The following errors were detected:

• Unfortunately there are no suitable shipping methods available for your order. This may be because the total weight of your order is too high or we cannot ship to your country. Please contact a member of our staff for any further inquiries.

On the other hand if it is a new user and they opt to not create an account during checkout all seems to go ok unless they update the basket in which case they end up with the same error only with this scenerio if you click checkout again it works. With registered customers clicking the checkout again just returns the error again.

I created a test account this morning with different delivery addresses to test shipping options. They worked well - I went as far as the paypal login. I'm on 5.1.3

The first delivery address I didn't give a name too (overlooked the field) & it shows in my user account as 'Billing Address' but not THE billing address as in my list of addresses the billing address is listed as 'Billing Address (Billing Address)'. I created another delivery address & made sure to call that 'delivery address 2'

I've tested this on my 5.1.4 and not getting very far. I registered as a new customer, clicked the use same address for billing and delivery, etc. Created an order and again got the error message saying no appropriate shipping option available. I've checked, and the customer billing address shows the correct 840.

I'm stumped. I've taken the store offline until this is fixed. Hmmm... new problem. Checking for Admin to be able to see offline store does not work.

I've just tried again on 5.1.3 creating an account on checkout & it went though ok. I created a new delivery address in another country (USA) & that worked too.

Do the failed orders show in admin? I've had good orders since I upgraded from 5.1.2 but do have 2 at pending where I assumed the customer (non-account) just didn't follow through.

Please define what you believe 'failed' to be. There is a Pending order that failed, or yet to succeed, to get the customer's money.

There is also 'abandoned baskets' -- not yet tried to pay. These don't show in the Order Summaries.

Then there is 'confused baskets' -- not an intentional state. This is where some part of the checkout process that, for no apparent reason, disagreed with the basket: weight, delivery zones, exceeding stock levels, etc.

Guest thecanfool

Installed 5.1.4

Test 1

Created new customer account and tried to make a purchase. Getting same error as with 5.1.3

Unfortunately there are no suitable shipping methods available for your order. This may be because the total weight of your order is too high or we cannot ship to your country. Please contact a member of our staff for any further inquiries.

Test 2

As an unregistered user who opted NOT to create an account at checkout I was able to checkout and made it all the way to the choose payment screen (didn't try further)

Test 3

As an unregistered user who opted TO create an account during checkout I got the same no shipping methods error.

Back to square 1

Guest Quiltessa

I am having the same issue since going to 5.1.3

It looks like the USPS for domestic is not working. It works for international addressed but not US address.. I have tried eveything and looked at everything.. I get the following:

• Unfortunately there are no suitable shipping methods available for your order. This may be because the total weight of your order is too high or we cannot ship to your country. Please contact a member of our staff for any further inquiries.

I am using a test account that has worked fine before...

Help.. do I need to go back to 5.1.1?

Guest thecanfool

I switched off USPS shipping and switched to by weight. Seems to be working ok right now. It's not the fix I wanted but it'll due until cc gets this figured out.

I just had a customer with this same issue.

customer can`t process the order and gets the message...

Unfortunately there are no suitable shipping methods available for your order. This may be because the total weight of your order is too high or we cannot ship to your country. Please contact a member of our staff for any further inquiries.

ver 5.1.4.

my cart has been happily working on "flat rate " shipping.

Has the issue been solved or is this a work-around?

what should i change.

we only ship within Australia.

ta

Unfortunately, while I can also get "weight only" to make the checkout process continue on, I could easily have 20-50 countries order in the first few days if I go live with that, and I could be royally screwed in multiple scenarios with this with the ridiculous variables of international shipping costs.

As USPS is really my only option...what is the process now, just wait it out until CubeCart fixes it? Or do I try to load another cart option like ZenCart?

While I'm massively frustrated, been about a month on now and I've still no working site, I am being patient and trying not to lose it. I've open a support ticket directly, but am guessing it's under the same umbrella now?

Best,

Mike

I have one product so yes, no big deal to put in the weight, etc., but there are not enough zones available to cover the volumes of areas I will ship globally to under that option. If I was domestic only, I'd go for it. But...

For example just between Canada and Mexico is double the price via USPS, so I can hardly setup one zone for NA at that, let alone the rest of the planet (there are only 4 zones available under weight--plus the retarded conversion numbers to get the right price, it's a nightmare -- I tried for two days to set up that correctly, but the limited zones just don't work for global shipping regardless).

I cannot tell you how many countries are lining up on my products (it's a how-to guide book for the international scale model hobby--it's a lot, and very global!), so it is a very very big deal I get this correct before going live. I have over 2K customers lined up on Facebook alone. So there is a little panic and pressure right now.

I'm a start up company on a limited budget, so if I screw shipping costs, I could potentially eat $$K, I'm not going to even risk it. Let alone the cost issues between shipping local West Coast vs. East Coast, flat rate just doesn't work for me.

I'd rather wait and make certain than take that risk.

Best,

Mike

:D I'm not being difficult, but once you really look at the costs of shipping to each different country they vary dramatically, even Domestically in fact, so those magic little conversion numbers don't work when you get down to it. Problem is the price changes in multiples when going from 1st Class International, to Priority International, etc. the steps can be huge and I can't sell a $40 book that costs $40 to ship without at least offering a $10 option.

It's becoming a big deal in my world for shipping costs, and I can't lose sales before I even get started, I'm sure you can sympathize. Let alone multiple product orders, the numbers don't match at all in fact when I place more than one in the cart. It's very very tricky to sort that out for worldwide shipping.

And once I go live, I will get flooded with orders (we have almost 500 confirmed now), it could get very messy fast. It's been this long to wait, so I can definitely hold the troops back for a few more days hoping CubeCart sorts it out.

I'm actually rather surprised this is so difficult, so many sites including ebay have this worked out perfectly. All fingers and toes crossed on CubeCart getting it sorted.

Best,

Mike

Would you be interested in considering downgrading to 5.1.1, then using the jQuery fix, which is the only huge issue there - lots of things that need fixing/tweaking, but at least it works. I guess that depends on how much you've modified things.

Our Plush Catalog is on 5.1.1 and USPS works there WITH the jQuery revert to v1.7.

Believe me, I don't think you're being difficult!! We have a small store and every missed sale or miscalculated s/h hurts us, too. That's why I don't normally upgrade until the new version has had a shakeout period. Our Estates store is not very active, because I don't push it, So I took a chance and upgraded it, so I could be of more help here with testing things. I wouldn't DARE do that with Plush Animal Shoppe.

lol, well I just joined CubeCart a few days ago after failing to get Prestsahop to work, so I'd didn't even know.

I'll certainly consider backdating to an older version if this is going to linger. I have my ticket into support as well, so waiting to hear back from CubeCart tech to see what the story will be.

Waiting is certainly the lesser of two evils right now. I still need to work on my product, so there is plenty to keep my time filled in the meantime. And I really appreciate the help!!

Best,

Mike