Checkout problems

Guest thecanfool

Good luck to you!! It was just a matter of timing that's not even all CC related, such as the jQuery version change that hit at the same time as a CC upgrade. I've been using CC for several years now, and this is the bumpiest ride of upgrades I've seen! I think Al would agree with that 100%!

• 3 weeks later...

Notice that the Delivery Address is INCOMPLETE. It looks like that's why it won't work. IF the customer (or you) edits the delivery address and adds the city and state/territory - it should work. Of course that's a poor work around. I'm on 5.1.4 now for both stores, using USPS shipping with the new shipping file from Support. Perhaps a support ticket would be a good idea.

CC514 fixed a devastating bug that made the inventory of past orders go missing.

This is different than having the inventory of admin created orders not show up at checkout when the customer logs in to pay for it.

Although the apparent effect is the same.

If possible, first verify that the order's list of items is still in the database by logging in as the customer, View Account, View Order History, View Details of any order.

Thanks for the replies,

When logged in as the customer, the inventory is missing there as well.

I have trawled back through and the inventory has dissappeared on all customer orders prior to the 16th August 2012. Over 7000 orders !

We had done a single click upgrade on the 18th August from 5.1.3 to 5.1.4. So it looks like we may have had a database corruption then when upgraded.

I did a backup on the 18th August just prior to this upgrade but i am nervous to restore. not actually sure if this backup has the same error being 5.1.3.

i also have a 5.1.2.2 backup from the 8th August prior to upgrading to 5.1.3. Would it be wiser to use that one? If i restore back to then, do i lose customer data since then?

If I leave it as is, the only problem i can see is that previous customers won`t be able to see the stock they purchased. Is that right?

thanks

In your upgrade activities, during the time the store was at CC513, a bug existed that could have removed all records from the Order Inventory table. Apparently, the bug was triggered on your store on Aug 16th. (You can view the database table directly using your hosted account's tool phpMyAdmin, sort the table by cart_order_id, and find the earliest number. The order number just before is the one that triggered the bug.)

This is not a case of database corruption during an upgrade process.

The August 18 backup will probably not have those missing records.

Please submit a support ticket to Devellion who, I believe, has some experience at blending the restored backup Order Inventory table with the current table. Should Devellion be able to do this, they will have specific instructions on how you should prepare your database and how your hosting company should load the backup. Be sure to mention you have two available backups.

Guest lil-redrex

I had this same issue caused by the bug after upgrade, I submitted a support ticket and they where able to restore from my backup and merge it with the current data.

We ended up losing a bit for a few orders from in between backups as I had missed a couple of backups as we didnt notice the issue immediately, but otherwise all is now back.

Cheers

Guest alvarito

Just out of interest - do you have the 'Allow delivery to non-invoice address' ticked?? in 'Admin >> Store Settings >> Stock?

I had this problem and I used this and this worked for me (enabling it)