A Product in Multiple Categories

Guest kevin_b_c

Guest kevin_b_c

Does anyone know if it's possible to have a product in two or three different categories?

Without creating multiple products.

Thanks. ;)

Guest ryandelany

Kevin,

There was a mod like this for eStore. Take a look there and see if it's possible to re-use it for CubeCart. It might need some changes though.

Michael,

One good reason for adding a product to multiple categories is if a particular product falls into two categories, and you want to make sure a customer finds it. On my site I sell speakers that go on wakeboarding boats and I sell lights that also go on them. I have another product that is a combination of speakers AND lights. I would love to add the product to both categories so that if a customer is looking at the lights they will see it, and if they are looking at the speakers they will see it.

Ryan

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

I also wish to have the option of allocating a product in multiple categories. Does anyone still have the old estore mod so I can wander through the code? :):alien::cat:

Better still maybe a donation for a successful mod :):(:(

ever hopeful

billmc

I wanted to do this as well,I just added as a new product and make the item number slightly different so I can tell category they bought from. I haven't added the photo yet, maybe I will have to rename the second one?

The only problem I see doing it this way is instock mods but maybe they could be split and adjusted as needed if one category sold out?

• 2 weeks later...

A mod like this would be helpful for me as well. One of the stores I will be setting up is a jewelry store. I have Chains that are sized both for bracelets as well as necklaces. I was planning on putting them in twice, but this would be preferable.

;):D

Steve